Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klooney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
I did a clean install on Mountain Lion on my macbook pro, now whenever I open up an application that uses the discrete graphics card the screen changes colors slighly. Anyone else having this issue.

uplusd

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Silicon Valley
I did a clean install on Mountain Lion on my macbook pro, now whenever I open up an application that uses the discrete graphics card the screen changes colors slighly. Anyone else having this issue.

Having the same issue, namely with Parallels and Aperture. Anyone know how to solve this?

wickedny5

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2010
Im also having this issue, im not using gfx card status.. Just by going to system preference then Energy Save, when I click the automatic graphics switching the color profile changes also.. when i go to Display then color settings theres no other profiles to change to. When im on integrated it shows all profiles

agfrg

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
https://discussions.apple.com/message/19064067#19064067

This has solved the problem for me (at least for now). Going to reboot to see if it holds up.

EDIT: It solved, now the color profile remains the same.

EDIT 2: It's back again. I've read in the Apple Discussions that this is a problem for people with SSDs. But it seems that if you boot with the discrete graphics it goes away for some time.

Last edited:

zactheo

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
Frustrating

Having the same issue, namely with Parallels and Aperture. Anyone know how to solve this?

Yep I'm having the same troubles when opening Photoshop- the screen colour profile changes to a blue tinge (like 9300 in the display calibrator menu) rather than the natural screen colour, makes it hard to work on some graphics I've got going at the moment! Hope they sort this out soon...

zactheo

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
restart

I tried restarting my MacBook and opening PS from the applications folder and it seems to have worked - Photoshop back to normal at least for the moment...

drewbiwan

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
the gfxcardstatus fix does work (thanks to Cody Krieger) - I really hope they release an update for this soon, the community seems to be quite on top of this one : )

mid 2010 i7 MacBook Pro

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Monitor profiling (ColorSync) is currently broken in 10.8. The reason why you're seeing a slight shift in colouring has to do with a whole bunch of other problems people have been having.

They don't seem to care about the issue enough to fix it in 10.8.1, so you'll probably have to wait until 10.8.2 to get it fixed. The only solution at the moment is to disable graphics card switching.

-SC

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
See I'm glad I saved the money and didn't get the desecrate graphics mini.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I just started getting this problem when I updated to 10.8.2 Dev Build.

UPDATE: Reseting the PRAM fixed my issue it seems.

Last edited:

skiabox

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Larisa, Greece
I have the same problem when my macbook pro mid2010 17inch with an Agility 3 ssd, is using the gfx card.
At first I thought that it is a new feature, but after reading this thread, I realized that this is a bug.

(I am using ML 10.8.1 - clean install)

billmister

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
i also have the same issue, when i open google chrome, aperture... etc... hope this gets fixed

aleshh

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
The Fix

gfxCardStatus lets you override the system and stay on the integrated GPU, but that sucks.

The fix, amazingly, is to log out and back in. Then you can switch GPU's and the color shift is gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.