Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indiecraig

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Well wtf, thats not listed on mine. There is no trackpad tab, keyboard, but no trackpad.

None of those nice trackpad settings on mine either. Maybe it's just on newer Macbooks. I use a mouse about 90% of the time now anyway, so it doesn't really bother me.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Yup had tons of crashes relating to the .dll file used by their mouse drivers in vista n windows 7. Disabling the trackpad stopped all issues. Let see if this update fixes that.

Same here on vista and win7. If i actually used the trackpad it would bluescreen after a while, if i used a usb mouse it was fine, then start using the trackpad for a few minutes and it would BSOD again relating to the trackpad dll.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
i guess no love for early 2008 models. guess i'll continue with my cursor going all over the place.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
They still can't get the tap to click working correctly. I mean, it's only been 10 months since they released the new model, maybe a few more until their product works as intended?

At least the scrolling has slowed down a little. Why can't they just add a setting in the boot camp manager to change the speed of the scroll.

:mad:

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
Wow I've found that the trackpad is so much better to use after this update under 64 bit Vista. It still can be a little quirky but it's much better to use now.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Ok, I'm not able to install this....maybe it's not meant to be.

I have a MacBook CD 2.0GHz running Windows 7 32-bit under BootCamp. Is this JUST for XP and Vista or is it for newer MacBooks? When I get "This update is not intended for this computer and will not be installed."

teme

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
The new trackpad update finally makes the trackpad usable in Windows and I don't have to use mouse all the time when I'm working with Windows. The trackpad is still quite sensitive, but much better now. I'm happy (although I'm angry that it took 10 months to correct the problem). The older trackpad driver also conflicted with Flash in every browser (whenever I scrolled over flash area, the flash began to have graphic issues and the browser crashed). That also seems fixed now.

I was able to install the update to Windows 7 manually (Apple's automatic update software didn't install it correctly). After the file has been downloaded from Apple's site, change the file settings to 'Run in Vista mode' or something like that. It helped and the installer finished correctly.

Someone was missing that Bootcamp icon in Windows 7. I had a similar problem. The drivers which were on Leopard disc worked correctly, but the updated drivers (from Apple's site) didn't work. So, I didn't install the updated drivers. In my case, the updated drivers also messed up some keyboard function buttons (volume etc).

orson3g

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Well, I wasn't able to get the driver to install via the software update for windows, but it did install via burning the 10A432 Bootcamp Drivers to a CD and installing from that.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Unexpected but appreciated. I'm happy to see that Apple is at least trying to fix the trackpad issues for Windows.

But my Blackbook trackpad still works like a charm. Why did we need this big glass thing again?

cxc

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2007
Cologne, Germany
I cannot complete the installation procedure on my 13in umbp as the installer quits with the typical wasn´t meant for this computer error.
I am running Win7 RC1 and I have exhausted all compatibility options.
How can I reduce the crazy sensitivity of my touchpad?

thanks!

kiranborra

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
I have installed Win 7 64/32 Ultimate and trackpad worked fine. later i have installed Win 7 Home Premium 64 in this one trackpad is not working with tap click and right click and scrolling...etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.