Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:52 PM   #26
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramio View Post
Strange?!..lol. I was using the phone to take the pics. As far as i know, there us no feature yet allowing the phone to take a pic of itself. I opened the plastic. Here is a pic of the phone I just took with my wifes iPhone. This is what I call a deal!

My bad, I thought those were auction pics. Great find!
Rocko1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
My bad, I thought those were auction pics. Great find!
Thank you sir. On my way to buy lottery tickets lol
Ramio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:58 PM   #28
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGCP View Post
I got mine yesterday and am pretty happy so far (although half way through syncing it with iTunes my laptop had an epic crash, will need to try again tonight to work out what the hell that was all about).

I am slightly mystified as to why some people have got really excited about it though. I came from a 4s and haven't noticed a huge increase in speed (how fast can web browsing or using apps get!). The screen seems fine, but again not hugely different and I don't have a strong opinion about the increase in size. I don't get LTE on my network so that is one improvement I unfortunately don't benefit from so perhaps that is the "big deal".

All in all it has some nice tweaks from the 4s but as I said, nothing that gets me very excited.
I'm buying mine next month so i'll be coming from a 4.

I get a faster phone (For example, the camera-app takes 8 seconds for it to open up the animation on my 4) with A6. I get a white one and I have a black 4 right now. It's taller, thinner and lighter. Siri. I get better 3G (I think.. I live in Sweden). I get 8 megapixels, face detection, Hybrid IR filter and Panorama. 1.2MP photos, 720p HD video, Backside illumination sensor, Facetime with 3G. Improved video stabilization, take still photos while recording video, Apple Earpods and Lightning Connector.

Tada! This is a phone worth upgrading for if you have a 4. People with the iPhone 3GS upgraded to the 4S and the people with iPhone 4 upgraded to the iPhone 5.
Nevzorus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:06 PM   #29
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

you seriously got lucky dude lol people would have charge you retail price plus extra for it and it's a black one at that and you snagged up the device only for just $450. Plus it was unopened. Wonder what made the guy change his mind.
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:26 PM   #30
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
you seriously got lucky dude lol people would have charge you retail price plus extra for it and it's a black one at that and you snagged up the device only for just $450. Plus it was unopened. Wonder what made the guy change his mind.
I know. I'm pretty excited. When I first won the auction, I told him if this was a scam I would report him to the FBI fraud division and his local police. He wrote me back and said it was legit and that he was selling it as he decided to get another phone. I think the reason he sold it for $450 is that's the 1 year contract price and he probably paid that much and thought that's what it's worth but then again in his exact words he said" i know i could have gotten more but i make money, money doesnt make me"...whatever that means. Either way, I'm a happy guy :-)

Last edited by Ramio; Nov 8, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:49 PM   #31
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I know. I'm pretty excited. When I first won the auction, I told him if this was a scam I would report him to the FBI fraud division and his local police. He wrote me back and said it was legit and that he was selling it as he decided to get another phone. I think the reason he sold it for $450 is that's the 1 year contract price and he probably paid that much and thought that's what it's worth but then again in his exact words he said" i know i could have gotten more but i make money, money doesnt make me"...whatever that means. Either way, I'm a happy guy :-)
where does he got a 1 year contract at? I'm guessing you're both in the US since you said FBI.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:57 PM   #32
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
where does he got a 1 year contract at? I'm guessing you're both in the US since you said FBI.
What I meant is you can only get the full discounted price on an iPhone if you sign a 2 year contract and if you try to upgrade after only 1 year you have to pay the full discounted price plus a $250 early upgrade fee. That's what I thought he might have done but now that I have done the math he either paid $300 plus tax if he got the full discounted price or $300 plus 250 plus tax if not. My guess is he listed it before he figured what it was worth.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:18 PM   #33
YungMoola94
macrumors regular

Quote:
Some guy listed it on ebay and I bought it within a few seconds after the auction was listed. To be honest with you, I thought it was a scam since the guy never sold on ebay before and only had 6 feedback but I said what the hell. I'll give it a shot and worst case I'll get my money back through ebay if its a scam. I received the phone in the mail yesterday and it was still sealed and been using it since and it's all perfect :-)

Wow dude I am so jealous lol
YungMoola94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:38 AM   #34
kannesss
Banned

That's a really great find. I can't believe you got one so cheap. Glad it wasn't a scam.
kannesss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:11 AM   #35
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

I know how much ebay and paypal charge you for selling stuff. So either the phone is stolen and he made a nice profit, or he doesnt mind getting locked into a 2 year contract for only a $100 profit (after ebay/paypal fees.)

$299 = full upgrade + sales tax = Sell for $450 on ebay, get raped with fees.

$299 + $250 early upgrade = $550 + sales tax = already super negative $

So i'm leaning toward stolen.

His little quote he spewed sounds like something a hustler would say. good deal for you obviously.

aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:38 AM   #36
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
I know how much ebay and paypal charge you for selling stuff. So either the phone is stolen and he made a nice profit, or he doesnt mind getting locked into a 2 year contract for only a $100 profit (after ebay/paypal fees.)

$299 = full upgrade + sales tax = Sell for $450 on ebay, get raped with fees.

$299 + $250 early upgrade = $550 + sales tax = already super negative $

So i'm leaning toward stolen.

His little quote he spewed sounds like something a hustler would say. good deal for you obviously.

My guess is he bought it for $299 under the 2 year contract and made a little profit on it. The sticker on the side had his name on it(same as the PayPal info) so I'm sure it's not stolen. I think he sold it before he realized he could have gotten more. I also think when I mentioned the FBI, he got scared and sold it to me for that price anyways. Last year I bought a mint 4s for AT&T for $150 on ebay too. You can find super deals from time to time. At the end, I got a super deal and I is happy
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:55 AM   #37
Afbar1114
macrumors 6502a

This is my first iphone i am a former android user. By far the best phone to ever own. I had pre ordered the black 32gb to come in next week but me and my gf broke up on monday so i went to a bby by me and they had the 64gb i was hurting so bad that i bought the 64 gb but i am loving the phone best thing ever.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone