Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

askpi

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Health Guide: FirstAid is an firstaid app with a twist. The has over 40 first aid situations. App is designed with concepts burrowed from another platform.

The app will be out in the App Store soon.

What do you think

Screenshots

img0630li.jpg

By kalanaj at 2012-06-25

img0631fl.jpg

By kalanaj at 2012-06-25

Like my page for more news/updates

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
just off the top of my head, i think you should create subtitles that describe the paragraph. otherwise it's just a bunch of words...

Dobiewonkanobie

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
This looks more educational than as a first aid manual.

Time is of the essence. For a first aid situation it looks like too much to read there. I can imagine scrolling through a-z pictures/titles to find what you want taking too long. Most situations can be broken into a handful of categories (random examples: respiratory, bites, broken bones, etc), and specifics listed there.

just off the top of my head, i think you should create subtitles that describe the paragraph. otherwise it's just a bunch of words...

This as well. Once you find your specific problem (a dog bite) the first aid solutions should be straight forward and easy to identify in easy to read steps.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Here an idea:
Instead of having one big read, make ~3-4 big orange buttons (for example sake). Each one has a Title like: General, Treatment, Symptoms, Home Remedies, etc. and when you click it it "vertically stretches to reveal a bulletted list of stuff

Also, just mention the really important ones [and have an "even more" option or something if you want]...

Finally, we are only giving suggestions based on two pictures you provided. One was of the UI and the other was a more specific example. Neither tell us how intuitive, or how "worthwhile" it is in a given situation. That's why I would honestly recommend handing out promo codes for this app [you can give them out in the code and promotions category on MR; i believe developers get their hands on a few promo codes for their apps. Use these promo codes to get reviews and ratings]

askpi

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted this app to part education and part health guide. I have already submitted the app to the App Store for review few days ago. I will hand out several promo codes when it comes out. I will look consider your suggestion for the next app update.

Here an idea:
Instead of having one big read, make ~3-4 big orange buttons (for example sake). Each one has a Title like: General, Treatment, Symptoms, Home Remedies, etc. and when you click it it "vertically stretches to reveal a bulletted list of stuff

Also, just mention the really important ones [and have an "even more" option or something if you want]...

Finally, we are only giving suggestions based on two pictures you provided. One was of the UI and the other was a more specific example. Neither tell us how intuitive, or how "worthwhile" it is in a given situation. That's why I would honestly recommend handing out promo codes for this app [you can give them out in the code and promotions category on MR; i believe developers get their hands on a few promo codes for their apps. Use these promo codes to get reviews and ratings]

askpi

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
I have implemented several changes mentioned earlier. Also I added a new feature where the app provides daily health tips.

Here are the screenshots

img0633ip.jpg

By kalanaj

img0634j.jpg

By kalanaj

img0635ko.jpg

By kalanaj

What do you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.