Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:01 PM   #26
JCstudios
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jades View Post
Don't waste your time replacing your iPads for a while

We ordered a few of them, received them yesterday and every single one of them has a piece of dust almost in the exact same position of the screen

Went to the store today to exchange my ipad for a white one. Exact same thing with the dust

Don't even bother
+1.
They all does , but go ahead with the exchange. You will eventually settle for one once your sick and tired of exchanging it.
JCstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:01 PM   #27
henry72
macrumors 6502a

I'd exchange it until I got the perfect one or I'm truly happy with it
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:18 PM   #28
Petey-ed
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry72 View Post
I'd exchange it until I got the perfect one or I'm truly happy with it
I will exchange mine again sometime. Found another speck. These iPads are seriously having an issue with dust behind the screen. Was there even a QAQC process??
Petey-ed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:59 PM   #29
SunnyRenegade33
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to SunnyRenegade33
I have dust under a lot of my older Apple products. Any advice on how to get rid of dust under glass screens? Or is there almost nothing you can do to get rid of it?
SunnyRenegade33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:17 AM   #30
henry72
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey-ed View Post
I will exchange mine again sometime. Found another speck. These iPads are seriously having an issue with dust behind the screen. Was there even a QAQC process??
I know and I got really pissed off about every Apple products that I bought this year.

1. I had A LOT OF problems with the screen on the iPad 3 early this year. I had 5 exchange and returned it at the end! Pink tint and dead pixels

2. Bought the MacBook Pro with Retina Display straight after launch, again screen problems such as the most popular ghosting issues and recently I've found a dead pixel. It wasn't' there before!! I am going to get my screen replace.

3. iPhone 5 (Black), I love it but I had a home button issue then exchange other one got a screen issue. Finally got a brand new retail unit from Apple Care without any hardware issues, but guess what, there is a tiny little scratch on the right hand side

I'm just going to leave it for now! I've had enough seriously! I'm really disappointed that the iPad 4's screen still having problems! I was going to get it but I really don't want to upset myself at the end and can't enjoy the iPad!

Last edited by henry72; Nov 17, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
henry72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:16 AM   #31
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
I've replace two now for this exact issue. I would recommend just waiting until manufacturing has time to catch up to retail.
I appreciate that Petey but all I have is my iMac, iPhone and (this) iPad ... I have no laptop or other mobile device so I need something for around the house.

I have become so used to the iPad now that a laptop would simply be overkill ... my iMac never sees any use, these days!

Therefore, waiting is not really an option for me.

I'm not going to waste my time returning this iPad over the weekend as my confidence in picking up a perfect unit is null, but I'll try to get out early on Monday to do it.

Thanks for the advice, though ...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
Maybe everything will be better when they begin using the Foxbots to make all the iPads. Should go a long way towards eliminating hair under the screen. Returned my iPad 4 tonight because of a similar issue.
You gonna buy another one, Harry?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierblue View Post
Apple precision engineers their devices. They need to engineer them for mass production.
... they also need to engineer them for real world usage (antenna gate, scuff gate - ahem!).

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCstudios View Post
They all does , but go ahead with the exchange. You will eventually settle for one once your sick and tired of exchanging it.
... I'm sick & tired of it already, but why should I/we settle for sub par products? None of my 559 pound notes were ripped, stained or damaged in any other way so I stuck to my end of the deal!

I'm not popping you off, so please don't think that. I'm just saying, I got bored of this returning fiasco a looooong time ago!

I just feel like Apple is either robbing me, or taking me for some kind of mug because the odd defective unit is one thing, but when it is clearly obvious that they have a flaw in their manufacturing process it just pizzes me (and a LOT of other people) off ...

I mean ... I just wanna enjoy the stuff I buy!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyRenegade33 View Post
I have dust under a lot of my older Apple products. Any advice on how to get rid of dust under glass screens? Or is there almost nothing you can do to get rid of it?
... nothing, which is why I am so determined to get a "good" one at the very beginning.

And I am not interested in Apple exchanging it down the line because I am not interested in no "remanufactured" unit!
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:30 AM   #32
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
I know and I got really pissed off about every Apple products that I bought this year.

1. I had A LOT OF problems with the screen on the iPad 3 early this year. I had 5 exchange and returned it at the end! Pink tint and dead pixels

2. Bought the MacBook Pro with Retina Display straight after launch, again screen problems such as the most popular ghosting issues and recently I've found a dead pixel. It wasn't' there before!! I am going to get my screen replace.

3. iPhone 5 (Black), I love it but I had a home button issues then exchange other one got a screen issues. Finally got one without any hardware issues, but guess what, there is a tiny little scratch on the right hand side

I'm just going to leave it for now! I had enough seriously! I'm really disappointed that the iPad 4's screen still having problems! I was going to get it but I really don't want to upset myself at the end and can't enjoy the iPad!
Henry ... don't get me started on the retina MBP!

I had to return two of them, and gave up in the end! I even had to postpone my uni start date 'til February as my iMac had prematurely died (now repaired, at my expense) and both rMBP's arrived with issues!

The first one had dead pixels and a dodgy eyesight camera.

And the second one ... in addition to dead pixels, it arrived with two dents on the bottom of the casing!!

They were both 16gb BTO machines.

Check out the image (click/tap on it for a larger/clearer view) ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	719.9 KB
ID:	377831  
Cockney Rebel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:45 AM   #33
Moneymiike420
macrumors regular

Quote:
I've replace two now for this exact issue. I would recommend just waiting until manufacturing has time to catch up to retail.
Just wait until march when the next ipad comes out..then u can get another dusty one,and moan some more ..
Moneymiike420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:47 AM   #34
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymiike420 View Post
Just wait until march when the next ipad comes out..then u can get another dusty one,and moan some more ..
Mike ... show me the moneeeeeeeeeeey!

Seriously, getting an iPad with junk under the screen is definitely something to moan about, so let us have our moment

Do you reckon there will be a (nother!) refresh in March?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:51 PM   #35
henry72
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
Henry ... don't get me started on the retina MBP!

I had to return two of them, and gave up in the end! I even had to postpone my uni start date 'til February as my iMac had prematurely died (now repaired, at my expense) and both rMBP's arrived with issues!

The first one had dead pixels and a dodgy eyesight camera.

And the second one ... in addition to dead pixels, it arrived with two dents on the bottom of the casing!!

They were both 16gb BTO machines.

Check out the image (click/tap on it for a larger/clearer view) ...
Holy ****, this is really bad! I'm really confused with Apple, this is the best and the worst laptop I've ever had. They need to improve their QC right NOW, this is unfair for every single customers. Some might not notice anything but that doesn't mean Apple should keep doing this. I'm very disappointed with Apple, the thing is I'm stuck with Apple so I've no other choices really lol If Apple is not good enough, than no one does.

----------

Quote:
Mike ... show me the moneeeeeeeeeeey!

Seriously, getting an iPad with junk under the screen is definitely something to moan about, so let us have our moment

Do you reckon there will be a (nother!) refresh in March?
If the iPad is not a necessary tool for you, then maybe you should consider waiting for the next generation? I know it sounds silly, it will be next year in October

Unless you have time to play the exchange game haha. Now when I buy anything from Apple, I expected at least 2 exchange for every single Apple products now! Luckily, they have got the best customer services in the would.

Last edited by henry72; Nov 17, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
henry72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:54 PM   #36
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
Holy ****, this is really bad! I'm really confused with Apple, this is the best and the worst laptop I've ever had. They need to improve their QC right NOW, this is unfair for every single customers. Some might not notice anything but that doesn't mean Apple should keep doing this. I'm very disappointed with Apple, the thing is I'm stuck with Apple so I've no other choices really lol If Apple is not good enough, than no one does.

----------

If the iPad is not a necessary tool for you, then maybe you should consider waiting for the next generation? I know it sounds silly, it will be next year in October
Their QC is getting worse by the day ...

I mean, if we was talking about a 500 laptop I wouldn't really mind but this lappy was two & a half GRAND!

It's BS, it really is
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:09 PM   #37
Cockney Rebel

Quote:

----------

It's necessary for me, Henry, as I use it all the time (eg I'm lounging on my sofa right now, replying to you).

The only reason I tried to buy (!) a rMBP was because my iMac died, but I've had that repaired now.

So I only have my iMac, iPhone and iPad ... I couldn't go back to being "chained to" my iMac all the time and buying a laptop is overkill, so the iPad is perfect for me (I never use my iMac now!).

I really do love the iPad & I really embraced it while my iMac was out of action (approximately 6 weeks) and I simply couldn't be without one now.

However, I simply will not accept a unit with faults, especially as I have already lost money by selling my 3rd gen iPad to upgrade ...

----------

Quote:

----------

Luckily, they have got the best customer services in the world.
This is the frustrating thing ... they have excellent products, great staff and the best customer experience in the world ... but appalling QC!

I'm not really interested in all smiles and a willingness to exchange something countless times ... I just want a perfect unit in the first place so that I can go away and enjoy it
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:06 PM   #38
Dlanod
macrumors 6502a

What don't understand is how Samsung and Asus can build kit without this problem. I'm on my 3rd Nexus 7 - first one the screen was lose, second one developed a row of dead pixels after a few months. But all had perfect screens. As have all my Samsung phones. No dust, even colour.

Must be the Apple assembly process.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:15 PM   #39
soldierblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanod View Post
What don't understand is how Samsung and Asus can build kit without this problem. I'm on my 3rd Nexus 7 - first one the screen was lose, second one developed a row of dead pixels after a few months. But all had perfect screens. As have all my Samsung phones. No dust, even colour.

Must be the Apple assembly process.
They can't really, not any more than Apple can anyway. I remember having two Transformer Primes with crazy backlight bleed, a TF300 with dust under the screen and two Galaxy Tab 8.9s with tinted screens, one of which had dust under the glass.

This is a larger problem. It's not, "why can't you stop getting dust in the gap between the glass and the screen?" It's, "why is there a gap between the glass and the screen? why aren't you using optically bonded panels?"

Foxconn can't keep dust out, right? So leave it out of their hands completely.
iPhone 5s | iPad Mini | Nexus 7
soldierblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:22 PM   #40
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
They can't really, not any more than Apple can anyway. I remember having two Transformer Primes with crazy backlight bleed, a TF300 with dust under the screen and two Galaxy Tab 8.9s with tinted screens, one of which had dust under the glass.

This is a larger problem. It's not, "why can't you stop getting dust in the gap between the glass and the screen?" It's, "why is there a gap between the glass and the screen? why aren't you using optically bonded panels?"

Foxconn can't keep dust out, right? So leave it out of their hands completely.
Been watching YouTube vids of the Galaxy Note II and I am blown away!

SERIOUSLY considering breaking free fom Apple and getting one of these phones instead?

I'd just return the iPad, and sell the brand new iPhone 5 replacement which I will be receiving next week ... I won't even unwrap it, and what with the supply constraints I'd no doubt be able to get almost full price for it, if not the whole price.

Please tell me, buddy, what are your experiences/views/opinions of your Galaxy products?

Apart from the screen issues, that is

I'd be really interested to hear ...

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:28 PM   #41
soldierblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Please tell me, buddy, what are your experiences/views/opinions of your Galaxy products?

Apart from the screen issues, that is

I'd be really interested to hear ...

Thanks
My opinion is that TouchWiz can go die and their software update cycle is a human rights issue.

If it's Android, it HAS TO BE A NEXUS DEVICE.

http://www.google.com/nexus/
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:31 PM   #42
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
My opinion is that TouchWiz can go die and their software update cycle is a human rights issue.

If it's Android, it HAS TO BE A NEXUS DEVICE.

http://www.google.com/nexus/
Nexus is a Google product, is that right?

Thanks for the feedback, mate.

Android looks pretty good to me ... on first impressions, that is.

How is your iPad 4?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:32 PM   #43
soldierblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
How is your iPad 4?
It's fine. I might even live.

Nexus devices are Google-curated collaborations with other manufacturers. The 4 is made by LG, the 7 by Asus, and the 10 by Samsung. They all run stock Android and get their updates directly from Google.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:50 PM   #44
Cockney Rebel

Quote:
It's fine. I might even live.

Nexus devices are Google-curated collaborations with other manufacturers. The 4 is made by LG, the 7 by Asus, and the 10 by Samsung. They all run stock Android and get their updates directly from Google.
Really appreciate the info ... cheers fella

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad