Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 8, 2012, 08:51 PM   #26
firedownunder
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
In the meantime, it has turned out that the new beta of MP4Tools fixes the subtitle problem - and is way faster & more reliable. Make sure you use it and not the regular version. Download from http://www.emmgunn.com/betadownload.html
Do you have any problems with batch loaded files? I'm in the process of remuxing my movies (over 1100) from mkv to m4v (mp4), keeping the original surround sound track and adding a 2-channel track to make them stream ready for ipad/iphone (I use Plex at home, mkvs are fine, trying to eliminate transcoding for i-devices). The beta version does seem to cure any audio sync issues, but doesn't add a 2-channel audio track when more than 1 file is loaded.

Basic settings are video/audio pass through and add 2 channel audio track. I've exchanged emails with the developer, but nothing recent. Thanks in advance.

*Can Subler pass through multi channel audio and add a 2-channel track? Seems to me it wants to convert only, but I've only toyed with it.

Last edited by firedownunder; Oct 8, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
firedownunder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:33 AM   #27
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedownunder View Post
Do you have any problems with batch loaded files?
Haven't tested yet this in batch mode. I, however, had the same problem with its brother, MKVTools, which in no way would want to add a 2-channel AAC track either, not even in non-batch modes. (See http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=781 for more info.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedownunder View Post
Can Subler pass through multi channel audio and add a 2-channel track? Seems to me it wants to convert only, but I've only toyed with it.
Not automatically, unlike MP4Tools (at least what MP4Tools is supposed to do) or iVI. (The latter, however, is NOT recommended for remuxing because of its speed - that is, the lack thereof.) (I've shown how this is - manually - done at http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=780
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 01:00 PM   #28
firedownunder
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
Haven't tested yet this in batch mode. I, however, had the same problem with its brother, MKVTools, which in no way would want to add a 2-channel AAC track either, not even in non-batch modes. (See http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=781 for more info.)

Not automatically, unlike MP4Tools (at least what MP4Tools is supposed to do) or iVI. (The latter, however, is NOT recommended for remuxing because of its speed - that is, the lack thereof.) (I've shown how this is - manually - done at http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=780
Thanks for clarifying, appreciate it.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:42 AM   #29
dawgfang
macrumors member

iFlicks. It adds all the cool cover art and fills in all the info, rating synopsis etc.
Very easy.
dawgfang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:12 AM   #30
kyomagi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegieMac View Post
I bought AVPlayerHD, which plays back MKV and HD AVI files perfectly.

Cost me 1.99 on the App Store and has saved me time converting my MKV and HD AVI movies to M4V. Sure, you don't get to tag the files with the likes of MetaX and see them in the stock Videos app, but it sure as hell saves time.
I second this. I had this on the ipad mini with the A5 and it played 720p smooth.

I have not tried 1080 on the ipad 3 but i know 720 is smooth as silk.
kyomagi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:05 PM   #31
ECUpirate44
Banned

Everytime I try to remux a Skyfall.MVK, I lose all audio. I've tried multiple applications. Help!
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:38 AM   #32
D.T.
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Everytime I try to remux certain MVKs, I lose all audio. I've tried multiple applications. Help!
[edit quote to make the request more, *ahem*, generic...]

What app are you using? Subler? What OS, ML?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:39 AM   #33
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
What app are you using? Subler?
Yes. Ive tried Subler, Remux, MP4 Tools, all with the same results.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:40 AM   #34
D.T.
macrumors 68020

Os?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad