Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

William Gates

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I've got some .mp3's in my download folder and they will not show up in my library no matter if I drag and drop, go to File>Add to Library, or even if I double click to play the song. Anyone else having this problem? No clue what to do.

ekko20six

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
same here. I quit iTunes. opened it up. still wasnt there. this was in album view or even by searching.

had a look in my smart folder for 'new music' and there is was!

Searched again and it would show up in the search but if i went back to album or song view etc... nothing.

Took a few mins and then it decided to show up....
rather odd.

seemed that itunes was just a bit slow at updating the DB

Fresh Tendrils

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I can't add .mov files, or play .mov files that are already in the library. They open in QT, and they worked fine in iTunes 10. I'm hoping it's a bug, but considering that they took away options in the interface, I wonder if they just decided to drop support for some older codecs? :(

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Signing out worked for me. As soon as i went back to my library after signing out the music I had added (one folder, 23 songs) was there. I do not use iTunes match

jerryjz2690

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Convert to AIFF

I used an app called SWITCH to convert the mp3 to AIFF and iTunes accepted it. It's not practical but it works.

joris538

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
iTunes match

It seems to be al problem with iTunes Match. When adding a song I saw the cloud icon 'loading' and it wouldn't stop. So I signed out of iTunes Match, restarted iTunes and only then I was able to add new songs.

Phoxphire

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Fix

I had this issue, just sign out, add music, sign back in and it works. When I did it, I didn't have to re-add anything, just searched and it worked.

fairoakien

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
Scarmento,ca
Can't add songs to iTunes

CAN"T ADD NEW SONGS
iTunes 11.0.1 on IMac, Have 200GB of songs, Using OSX 10.6.8
I put in a CD . It shows that it is adding the songs , but then the songs don't show up in the Library.
I don't use match or connect to the cloud
I'm not using OSX 10.8

wernertk

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
I had this issue, just sign out, add music, sign back in and it works. When I did it, I didn't have to re-add anything, just searched and it worked.

Thanx Phoxphire. Similar worked for me. Just had to sign in, and then added my songs. Could not add anything not signed in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.