Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btbeme

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
The look on my mother's face when I gave her a brand spankin' new 13" Macbook Pro was priceless.

See, I sold my older 15" with Applecare online and used the money to buy her a new system - and still had a little left over.

Seemed the right thing to do, since she needed a computer. And, after 10 years (so far) spent raising kids, I can guarantee you that all parents feel, if ever so slightly, that the little humanoid Petri dishes we call "children" owe us something - even if we never say it out loud.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
For God sake man, don't sell your Mac to your mama. If she wants a laptop and you can afford a new one, just give it to her. if you don't have money for a new one, keep your mac (cmon, it's a 2012 model, i'm using a 2010MBP+ 8gb ram+256gb SSD and it works really great). Or does she ever made you pay the food you ate or the bed where you slept??

bentmywookie

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2002
Palo Alto
Hi guys!

I am arranging to sell my base model 2012 15" MBP to my mom and want to find out a fair price for both of us.

3) I haven't yet activated AppleCare -- I plan to do so right before fixing the trackpad and handing the comp to Mom. Can I sell her the AppleCare at close to full price?

-z

*facepalm*

This post can't be for real can it? Your mom???

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I always take the average price from ebay and deduct the fees that ebay and paypal would charge if im selling to friends. That way they get a good deal and you dont lose out.

If you can afford to give it to her thats fine but I certainly couldn't.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
The look on my mother's face when I gave her a brand spankin' new 13" Macbook Pro was priceless.

If my wife got a brand spankin' new 13" MacBook Pro from our kids, I would suspect that aliens had kidnapped them and replaced them with identically looking androids :rolleyes:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
If my wife got a brand spankin' new 13" MacBook Pro from our kids, I would suspect that aliens had kidnapped them and replaced them with identically looking androids :rolleyes:

Perhaps one day.:D

Not sure if you're familiar with that show, it's just a silly terminator reference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.