Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 23, 2014, 02:54 AM   #176
loon3y
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
So you're willing to buy headphones that are objectively worse than other cans which cost half the price for the sake of appearance?
objectively worse? they still produce quality sound, are you truly going to see the difference from Beats and Bose headsets? to the point where it bothers you?

Thats like telling the difference from the resolutions from iPad 4 and the iPad Air.

its just ridiculous.

so are you saying you only buy clothes from the 99 cent store or walmart? Hey why buy a rolex? you can just buy 60 dollar swatches.

why get a BMW or a benz? just get a 1989 toyota corolla. Hey why buy a rMBP, when theres other PC laptops that have better specifications?

my beat pros are perfect, they have heavy bass yet a clean sound for my music.

go buy your cheaper but better headphones.

what does that pertain to me? i can afford it and it looks nice, so I'm buying it.

and I'm From LA, grew up listening to NWA, Spice 1, Everyone from death row, Black Brother records, etc etc.

why the hell wouldn't i want to support dre? hes a childhood icon for me.

i bet theres some basketball shoes that are technically better than Kobes, but I'm a laker fan and i grew up with watching kobe, i want to support him and plus his kobe 5's were one of the lightest shoes I've ever played with.

its can basically be labeled jewelry as well. anyways have fun convincing people to not to buy beats, because it isn't going to work.

especially if you buy something for a friend who may love west coast rap and loved Dre as a kid, as gift he'd be more appreciative about getting beats and the fact that its not cheap tells you gave some effort to it.

rather than buying a cheaper headphone thats an unknown brand. People work, i dont know how old are you or if you have a job or not but buying beats birthday gift or christmas gift for a friend is no big deal.

seems like your the type that would deny buying your kids Beat headphones because theres cheaper better headphones that are better.

lol, it doesnt matter what you think its better or what is, its what people want.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 08:21 AM   #177
Meister
macrumors 65816

I personaly own some off brand 17,- headphones because I cant hear the differenc anyway.

However friends of mine, who used to work in the music industry, can tell the difference.
They told me that the studio standard and mostly undisputed best headphones are bowers&wilkins.
They heavily frown upon the beats brand, because it doesnt reproduce the sound properly.
Also the build quality is crap.

If Id spend so much dough on headphones, Id go with the best. "Beats" are not it.
more also some PCs + Lumia 900
Meister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2014, 01:34 PM   #178
berthaconners
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister View Post
I personaly own some off brand 17,- headphones because I cant hear the differenc anyway.

However friends of mine, who used to work in the music industry, can tell the difference.
They told me that the studio standard and mostly undisputed best headphones are bowers&wilkins.
They heavily frown upon the beats brand, because it doesnt reproduce the sound properly.
Also the build quality is crap.

If Id spend so much dough on headphones, Id go with the best. "Beats" are not it.
Yeah, I can't tell the difference. I agree, if you want the best, Beats are not the best option.
berthaconners is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:54 PM   #179
JoelTheSuperior
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon3y View Post
objectively worse? they still produce quality sound, are you truly going to see the difference from Beats and Bose headsets? to the point where it bothers you?

Thats like telling the difference from the resolutions from iPad 4 and the iPad Air.
Bose aren't exactly what I would describe as quality cans either to be perfectly honest.

In terms of would it bother me? Honestly yes. If I was just listening to music casually whilst programming or whatever, I'd probably survive but when performing / recording etc, yeah, it'd definitely bother me.

Your comparison isn't particularly valid to be honest - have a look at the graph below and tell me that there isn't a huge difference:

In all honesty if you're happy with your Beats that's fine, but don't try to imply that they're high end headphones or that you can't hear the difference between them and cans with a more natural frequency response.

Equally, if you like the sound of beats that's fine too, but in terms of accuracy they're downright poor compared to other much cheaper headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT770s aren't far off the DT880s in terms of raw frequency response and cost around $125 on Amazon for example.
JoelTheSuperior is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
beats by dre, headphones