Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Didn't happen on my original 5, but this one has that annoying rattle thing, most clearly heard when it vibrates. There's always the possibility of it being lose but this is supposed to happen right?

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
It is possible the on/off and other buttons are slightly loose and will rattle. Also the camera lens is "floating" so it could also.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
It is possible the on/off and other buttons are slightly loose and will rattle. Also the camera lens is "floating" so it could also.

it's from the top right around the camera and it's not the power button because I hold it down and there's still a rattle. It was very faint on my original but now it's more noticeable

cfcboy

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I went into the Apple store about my rattle and the Genuis guy took one apart and showed me the vibrating switch in the corner wich he stated was normal to rattle.

toothache

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2011
it uses a cheaper vibrating unit (i believe rotational) versus the previous iphone 4/4s (linear)
thus the reason for rattle

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
With the 5, they went back to the vibrator that's on the 4. The 4S has a different vibrator. The 4S has a more subtle vibration, as opposed to the more "harsh" feeling, louder vibrate on the 4/5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.