Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunspark*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I've got a 4th gen Ipod touch that started acting squirrely yesterday, had trouble finding the wifi connection but finally did. Today it was very slow then just went to a black screen.

There is a top line of text in white, saying iPod with the wifi symbol, and the correct time, and the battery symbol which is at about 3/4. I had plugged it in for awhile and it does take a charge, but still just a black screen.

Help!!!!!! :confused:

ps I can't turn it off either, it keeps the line of text at top, just goes dim...

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Ok. What your going to have to do is a soft reset. Hold both the home button and sleep until your iPod shuts off and shows the apple logo. If that does not help. Oh will need to put your iPod in DFU mode/recovery mode. Same step as before except keep holding until you see he connect to iTunes.

sunspark*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks hovscorpion12, the soft reset worked.

What was that, what happened to make it freeze up like that? I've only had it a year with light use really. Is this a common problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.