Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1
PCforever?
macrumors newbie

Engraved Mini ??

Hi Guys,
Just received my daughters Xmas present (ipad mini) via courier. I unboxed the parcel to find the ipad is shrink wrapped. When I ordered it I had it engraved.... do they shrink wrap them after engraving? I dont really want to open it to check... just hope someone's traveled this road before.

cheers
PCforever? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCforever? View Post
Hi Guys,
Just received my daughters Xmas present (ipad mini) via courier. I unboxed the parcel to find the ipad is shrink wrapped. When I ordered it I had it engraved.... do they shrink wrap them after engraving? I dont really want to open it to check... just hope someone's traveled this road before.

cheers
You can't engrave an iPad with shrink wrap on... so yes, they engrave it and then wrap it.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:16 AM   #3
PCforever?
macrumors newbie

Quote:
You can't engrave an iPad with shrink wrap on
Thanks for the smart arse reply....not
PCforever? is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:22 AM   #4
colodane
macrumors regular

For others that may be following this thread, there is a downside to engraving. I had my iPad 2 engraved when I purchased it from Apple. The engraving was done professionally and looked quite nice - and no charge! However, when it comes time to sell it, you will get a substantial reduction in selling price. Check the usual places such as SellYourMac, Mac2sell, etc. and you will see the engraving penalty. In the future I will not have my Apple products engraved.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Like the OP, I also ordered an engraved mini as a Christmas gift. And yes, the box containing the mini is shrink wrapped and I will not open it.

I've purchased enough from Apple to trust it's quality and customer service and am not at all concerned about the engraving. It will be there, will be correct, and the recipient will be delighted with the personalization.

I also think most people who receive expensive engraved gifts express happiness, not concerns about resale value.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting