Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I gave up.... It's as boring as hell and those 'lady missions' were like something out of Little Britain (I'm a lady sketch..)

Image..

Just an awfully dull game and they really could have dialled down the bloom effect, it was annoying.
LOL, I think I agree, it is just that a few people and sites have said that it is decent enough, just didn't get it I suppose. Probably trade it in for AC3 on Wii U.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I don't quite see what your are arguing here. Am I not allowed to be disappointed by the game's sloppy controls and load times because it came out in 2007? :confused:

It's a straight port dear. What were you expecting, making the PS3 version of Mass Effect to be the level of Mass Effect 3, while the people who've had it for the 360 and PC getting stuck with an inferior product? It seems like you were expecting a complete top to bottom rewrite of an older game.

I agree for the most part, and I loved the game overall.. i would have happily have settled for all my decisions leading to one outcome, without having to know I can choose this,that or the other door by some random alien backward memory omnipresence that had clearly been grafted into the game to deliver this awkward door mechanic at the end.

I saw the game as a whole as an end, so really this one poorly chosen and implimented game mechanic at the end was a disappointment. (Not the game overall but just this game mechanical device).

I ended up watching all three endings and if truth be told they weren't that 'radically' different, so I'd have been happy if the game had just the nerve to present me with just one ending based on my playthrough as a whole, and drop the whole choose a door mechanic.

Dishonored does it better by judging your actions on your playthrough as a whole to give you 1 of various endings.

While I completely understand your complaints, the problem is, you had to have concise endings or how would you be able to continue the universe. With 3 similar endings, there's not large differences that would lead to the need of multiple versions of Mass Effect 4. Where as with how it ended now, there are things like the status of synthetics, what happened to Shepard, whether the Quarians got their home world, etc. If there had been 3 distinct endings, one would be forced to be the canon ending, and people would have bitched about that too.

Last edited:

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
It's a straight port dear. What were you expecting, making the PS3 version of Mass Effect to be the level of Mass Effect 3, while the people who've had it for the 360 and PC getting stuck with an inferior product? It seems like you were expecting a complete top to bottom rewrite of an older game.

Not at all.

I'm merely disappointed the original game was not better in the first place. And "2007" is not a valid excuse for me. It's not like the concept of tight game controls was only recently invented...

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
That seems to be the way most games publishers deal with f'ups these days sadly. We should add that to the list...

I hate it when game companies do this. The consumer wants something and they aren't delivering. My vote for biggest disappointment would have to be Star Wars the Old Republic. 300 million dollars later all you have is a money pit which most people despise because they blamed the consumer. Lies from EA and Bioware. Sad times, but economically they paid for it.

Someone else thinks dishonored was a bit disappointing. I loved that game, but I wanted more. The different endings, weren't so different. I wanted more of a skyrim or oblivion open world feel too. But overall I was pleased, just a tad disappointed.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Lack of Vita games, and the ones that could have been promising ended up being rubbish or mediocre.

With regard to Liberation, can anyone who has played it recommend that I complete it, I found it a bit slow to get interesting and have not touched it for over a month. Should I feel compelled to complete it?

I got AC:L about a week ago and haven't played it since the first few days I had it. Haven't really got into it yet.

Although people dismiss COD: Declassified as a rubbish game, I find the online fun and a lot more engaging than any other Vita game I've played.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I got AC:L about a week ago and haven't played it since the first few days I had it. Haven't really got into it yet.

Although people dismiss COD: Declassified as a rubbish game, I find the online fun and a lot more engaging than any other Vita game I've played.

There has been plenty of games that recieved poorish ratings this year that I've actually enjoyed far more than a lot of the AAA 90%+ monster hits.

I really quite enjoyed Epic Mickey 2 despite it getting 3/10 reviews in many places.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Skyrim's PS3 DLC for me. I LOVED that game, I played it for a good 150+ hours probably and couldn't wait to play the DLC when it was announced. Then it was never released due to "bugs". :( lame

Guild Wars 2 is probably #2 for me. Did not enjoy the combat system, all the bugginess, and how unpolished it felt It would be perfect as a console MMORPG but on PC I think it's pretty bleh compared to games like World of Warcraft and Rift.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Skyrim's PS3 DLC for me. I LOVED that game, I played it for a good 150+ hours probably and couldn't wait to play the DLC when it was announced. Then it was never released due to "bugs". :( lame.

I'll spare you my conspiracy theories about how Micro$oft paid Bethesda a decent amount to cripple Skyrim initially for the PC, so the XBox version would look on-par with the PC version, at least for the Xmas 2011 buying season.

In general, I think DLC issues have been becoming more and more of a big-time disappointment, and has been getting worse and worse every year.

Even more of disappointment, gamers seem to be willing to pay $20 (or more) for very little extra content, that arguably should have been included in the game anyway. At some point, I suppose they will make us pay for bug-fixes, as well :rolleyes:

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Diablo 3.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet. I know people who are still playing just about every other game out there from this year, except Diablo 3. Every single person I know who bought that game has actively shunned it and swore never to give Blizzard another dollar ever again.

The last ten minutes of Mass Effect 3, which were one of the most epic fails in the video game industry since Daikatana.

The hate towards that game is vastly unjustified. It seems like nearly everyone misinterpreted the game. Personally, I thought it was weak, but it wasn't as bad as everyone else said it was.

Mass Effect 3 *was* the ending, so to say. It was packed to the brim with mini-endings that each individually tied off the character and race story lines over the course of all the primary and secondary missions.

The ending to Mass Effect 3 was simply the ending to that particular game. It wasn't any worse then the ending to Mass Effect 1 or Mass Effect 2. Yet for some reason, people expected every single little choice they ever made in the first two games to hold some kind of sway in the final battle.

But that's not how it was. Your previous decisions in the past games WERE taken into consideration- just not at the end of ME3. They were considered as you played through the rest of the game. The outcome of nearly all the missions was influenced in one way or another from an imported save.

What more do you want?

Besides, they actually went back and made it somewhat better with the extended cut. I gotta give them props for that, I'm surprised Bioware even convinced EA to let them spend the time and money to pull entire teams off DLC and go back to "fix" the end of the game.

-SC

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Battlefield 3. I wanted to love this game but never got the chance. Why? Because DICE inexplicably didn't include the ability to turn off the voice track (like you can with Bad Company 2).

If I wanted to hear guys constantly yelling about getting f*#& in the a$*, I'd go hang out at the local high school or Teamsters office.

Bad form, DICE. Give your users the ability to squelch the gratuitous profanity if desired. (And please don't anyone start with the "It's a violent game - what do you expect" nonsense.) One simple tweak. That's all I wanted.

Bought the game, realized there was a problem, sold it. Back to playing Bad Company 2. Shame.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Ooo. Controversial ;)

But that's gaming... Different folks, different boats.

I tend to not like any Western RPG, I couldn't get in to Skyrim, I tried, it just bored the hell out of me.

Give me a good JRPG anyday though :D Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Xilla both on PS3 were superb, Tales of Innocence R on Vita was a great remake. Ni No Kuni is imo a strong contender for game of the year, quite possible one of the best RPGs I've played in a LONG while.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
For me it was Dishonored. I found gameplay utterly boring, however the story was decent from the little amount I played. I had such high hopes.

I enjoyed this game, wish there was more. I always enjoy games that give me the option to tackle missions stealthy or at my own pace. The combat was great IMO if you like stealth and blink power is great.

Really wish there was more.

Bless

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
I enjoyed this game, wish there was more. I always enjoy games that give me the option to tackle missions stealthy or at my own pace. The combat was great IMO if you like stealth and blink power is great.

Really wish there was more.

Bless

To me the game was just much too easy. It felt like I was cheating, and the AI...are they blind? I'm crouching on a hanging light in a corridor with people walking under me. Seriously they don't see me?

njp

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Diablo 3.

The hate towards that game is vastly unjustified. It seems like nearly everyone misinterpreted the game. Personally, I thought it was weak, but it wasn't as bad as everyone else said it was.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been inactive. I just wanted to add, fwiw, that I had not issue at all with ME3 - until the moment you beam back aboard the Citadel. It went very downhill from there, as they just kept throwing in new stuff, and hit the wall of suck when it got to the very last sequence. The more or less identical end cinemtatics just added insult to injury.

The awesomeness before the ending sequences just made it worse in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.