Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Fox11
macrumors member

Exclamation Installing on MBP with External Display?

I'm looking to reinstall Windows on my Boot Camp partition- my Macbook Pro's internal LCD does not work, so I basically use it as a desktop with an external display.

As far as I know, the Windows installer will default to the internal display when I go to install the OS, whether the screen is clamshelled or not- is there any way to force it to use the external display so that I can see what I'm doing to install the OS? Or switch to use the external once the computer has booted from the install disc?

If worst comes to worst, I guess I might be able to use Parallels to install the OS?
Fox11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac