Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:08 AM   #1
jca69
macrumors newbie

Can't charge battery after upgrading to iOS7

Battery was perfect (at least apparently) until I installed iOS7. After that, at first when I connected the phone to either my mac pro or macbook, none seemed to acknowledge the phone was there, and the guy wouldn't charge. Then I connected it to a pc and the battery indicator on the screen appeared. Yay...no, because although the pc detected the phone, battery charge was going down, down... until it died.

Today at the apple store they installed a new battery. It was half charged when I got home but again the same thing, not charging. So I downgraded the phone to iOS6 but still the same problem, not charging. So it's not the battery, it's not the iOS! Now what? Anyone encountered something like this?

Last edited by jca69; Jun 14, 2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo
jca69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:14 AM   #2
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

They went so far as replacing the battery but never troubleshooted your connector port or cable as the possible issue? I highly highly highly doubt it was your battery. And if it was, hopefully they confirmed that as a fact, hence why they replaced it, and they didn't forget to plug something in.
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Holty123
macrumors 6502

i'm surprised Apple did anything as you where running a beta?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 07:39 AM   #4
jca69
macrumors newbie

They did a lousy job, for sure, I paid for a battery that was not the (only?) problem and they didn't investigate further.

Although it was beta ios7, they said they could do something as long as it was hardware related, which seemed to be the problem. And now back with ios6, as the problem persists, it seems it's actually just hardware.

Time to go back to the store.
jca69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7