Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
See, these folks above are just kidding...I can tell.

They're not taking this very serious question very seriously.

They're just making fun of someone who truly LOVES his iPad.

Well, I think that's just mean and not even nice at all.

I love my iPad so much, I not only love to get my email, or surf the net, or stuff like that.

I love my iPad so much...well...I...ah...do things...loving it...

I just can't say any more...but I REALLY love it!:eek:

:p
Call me a buzzkill but I don't find them funny at all.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Call me a buzzkill but I don't find them funny at all.

While I am not in any way defending my always questionable sense of humor, you might consider that you are taking your feelings about your iPad a bit too seriously.

It was not my intention to offend you. My unsuccessful attempt at humor was my feeble attempt to indirectly point out that it's just an electronic device, and that to "love" it might be diminishing the meaning of the word.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
There have been quite a few threads like this. It's really boring when it is nothing more than a futile argument between iPad lovers and haters. The haters dismissing this amazing gadget as nothing more than trivial consumer device, the lovers often just saying no more than that .. They love it.

IMO, Macs and iPads are completely different tools, suited to different tasks.
I use ipads for many things, including work ... Music, writing, research. A lot of professional artists and musicians are using ipads very seriously, even exclusively to create and also exhibit/perform, often using banks of iPads.

So if you love the iPad, would be interesting to hear more about what you do with it ...

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
While I am not in any way defending my always questionable sense of humor, you might consider that you are taking your feelings about your iPad a bit too seriously.

It was not my intention to offend you. My unsuccessful attempt at humor was my feeble attempt to indirectly point out that it's just an electronic device, and that to "love" it might be diminishing the meaning of the word.

So you can't love inanimate objects now? Sheesh man. I prob can't even say I love buying new sneakers without you saying "you're diminishing the word"

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
So you can't love inanimate objects now? Sheesh man. I prob can't even say I love buying new sneakers without you saying "you're diminishing the word"

You can do whatever you want. If you want to love your iPad, or your sneakers...that's your business.

I was responding to what I perceive to be the unfortunate use of the strongly emotive words such as "love" ad "hate" for insignificant material objects. I suggest that those words, with the denotation of very strong emotion, be reserved for matters of greater significance. I bemoan the cheapening of words of such significance, and the degradation of our language usage in general.

That said...use the words as they suit your needs.:)

aenflex

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
FL, USA
I LOVE my iPad. I have the 3, wifi only. I have Verizon with my Iphone 5, and use it as a hotspot for the iPad, I have a generous data plan.

I take my iPad with me everywhere. I'm actually worried that I'll have a house fire and I don't want to lose it along with all my other electronics. So I'm crazy. But I also use it every single day. Mostly for reading, Netflix and internet.

Of course I could live without it. But I don't want to. Between these two devices I feel connected to the world when I want to be, (internet/facetime/messaging) with the ability to escape, (reading, games).

Happy Apple Person. Just need a Macbook Air now...

And yes, I can love whatever I wish, be it an inanimate object, a cat, a rainbow, etc. Love is subjective and therefor conceptually cannot be diminished.

Last edited:

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
<---—----------------- This much --------------------------->

Shoot, you post made me realize how unoriginal I am.
(Yes, I immediately clicked into this thread to post exactly the same thing.)

I do like my iPad and use it every day (and it's just a poor pathetic 1st gen iPad).

343matt

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Been using my iPad 2 since march 2011, and my iPad mini since last year, i always have one of them nearby.

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
I was responding to what I perceive to be the unfortunate use of the strongly emotive words such as "love" ad "hate" for insignificant material objects. I suggest that those words, with the denotation of very strong emotion, be reserved for matters of greater significance. I bemoan the cheapening of words of such significance, and the degradation of our language usage in general.

I double-plus-like my iPad.

avenger66

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
when I get my iPad, i will gladly let you know! lol!

I have had a desktop forever, and its on its last legs, so my thought was to get an iPad, and a wireless printer, and use a sledgehammer on the hard drive of the desktop!

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
My iPad is my best friend during the semesters for school. Now that I'm out for Summer, eh, I'll use it to watch an episode or 2 of HIMYM or Breaking Bad on Netflix when I don't feel like getting up. Or surfing the web. It doesn't get more than 2 hours of usage per week, I'd say. I am starting a summer session in a couple of weeks so I'll be using it again for note taking.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Haven't thought about trading it for a newer model yet..so guess the love is still strong.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Not

If i could i'd sell my Ipad3 but no buyers on craigslist and I'm not going to give it away to some lowballer. I want the nexus 10. I'll just keep the ipad around. I also have a mini and a nexus 7.

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
I loved my iPad 1 so much, I bought a 2. I loved my iPad 2 so much I bought a 3. I loved my iPad 3 so much I bought a 4....love is fickle.

denisvj

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
Love it so much that we do stuffs in my bed ( mail , news , games , pdf , etc ) :p

emptysoul

macrumors regular
May 26, 2009
It's by far my most used electronic device...apart from my horrible Lenovo desktop at work.

I wish we had a BYOD policy so I could use my MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.