Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

View Poll Results: would you want an iPad pro 12" with these specs?
Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!! 6 18.18%
noooooooooooooo 27 81.82%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:15 AM   #1
lowlypeace
macrumors member

Talking ipad pro 12" would you like to see this?

ipad pro : aluminium bezel 12", running customised osx mountain lion, with iOS switch option - enabled by large thin battery across back of 12" display

now that would be the perfect computing device - optional apple stylus, pressure sensitive stylus for photoshop editing and web design and art work

12 megapixel camera with larger aperture to capture very printable photos

!!!!!!

wow I would probably sell my MacBooks for this - maybe in a few years eh?

seeing the future:::::::::::::
lowlypeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Customized version of OSX sounds like a major fail, forking your OS between devises is not a good idea. Win 8 may prove me wrong, but until that time it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Market for a large pro tablet is probably limited to pretty much the same crowd that loved the 17" MPB. Perfect system for a few, irrelevant for most of us.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:30 AM   #3
lowlypeace
macrumors member

customisation wouldn't require much, if you test your mac with your finger - maybe a bit more spacing between icons and words in apps, but not actually that much tweaking

it would be amazing to have a full tablet computer you could take and put on your lap, open up photoshop, website design, do some real productivity

this would move the iPad from a toy into a computer
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Zcott
macrumors 68020

Sounds like Tim Cook's 'toaster refrigerator': http://abcnews.go.com/technology/t/b...ry?id=16205842
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:40 AM   #5
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Yeah that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'll stick to my laptop for heavy duty work.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:41 AM   #6
KenAFSPC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlypeace View Post
customisation wouldn't require much, if you test your mac with your finger - maybe a bit more spacing between icons and words in apps, but not actually that much tweaking

it would be amazing to have a full tablet computer you could take and put on your lap, open up photoshop, website design, do some real productivity

this would move the iPad from a toy into a computer
I would like Apple to follow Microsoft's lead (sort of) with the Surface. Give us a thin, light 12.1" iPad with the option for a Surface-like detachable keyboard. When no keyboard is attached, have the device function just like the iPad 4. When the keyboard is attached, have the device switch seamlessly and instantly to OSX desktop mode.

Bottom line, don't compromise the iPad experience (no keyboard attached) and don't compromise the OSX desktop experience (keyboard attached).
KenAFSPC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Based on what the 10" weighs & costs, no.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:45 AM   #8
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
I would like Apple to follow Microsoft's lead (sort of) with the Surface. Give us a thin, light 12.1" iPad with the option for a Surface-like detachable keyboard. When no keyboard is attached, have the device function just like the iPad 4. When the keyboard is attached, have the device switch seamlessly and instantly to OSX desktop mode.

Bottom line, don't compromise the iPad experience (no keyboard attached) and don't compromise the OSX desktop experience (keyboard attached).
Yeah but a 12" is a big item to carry around for casual use. Sure it may be light but the footprint is still there.

They already make something similar. It's called the 11" Air. But no touch screen
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:05 AM   #9
lowlypeace
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcott View Post
Sounds like Tim Cook's 'toaster refrigerator': http://abcnews.go.com/technology/t/b...ry?id=16205842
interesting, but then again jobs said anything smaller than a 10 inch iPad was DOA

I think apple may be dismissing the synthesis of tablet and pc to play down surface, and due to the current lack of ability at a decent price

but eventually this is where they will go I think

I mean - eventually if they can produce an iPad that is as light as the mini, but 11 or 12 inches, which can run OSX - and it was slightly more expensive than the standard iPad, I think it would sell amazingly, regardless of buyer wariness initially
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:13 AM   #10
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

meh just buy an Air
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:20 PM   #11
token787
macrumors regular

Who know's it could become possible. They said it would never be Ipad 7" and now here we are with the 7.
token787 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:21 PM   #12
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

I wouldn't buy a 12" iPad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad