Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smiller4128

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Ok so let me start off by saying that my Iphone 4S has the latest software update iOS 6.0.1. NEVER been jailbroken or hacked or anything like that. And the water indicator on the phone still shows its been nice and dry.

My problem started originally when I couldn't get Maps to work. I'd open the app, it'd kind of give me a blank screen for about 30 seconds and then just quit the app. Did that all day long. So I figured, what the heck I'll reset all the data on the phone and see if that does anything. Well as soon as I did that, the phone got stuck in this loop where it shows the Apple logo and a status bar and the bar will get to about 5% and then just stop, then the screen goes blank, you can see a small white circle spin for a few seconds, and then the apple logo with the status bar pops up again and goes to 5% again before restarting the process over, and over, and over. I've tried doing a hard reset on it at this point and it's succesful in turning off, coming back on, and then getting stuck in the boot loop again. I've tried connecting to iTunes where it actually does register as seeing my phone where I can get photos and everything off it, etc. But it still didnt help the phone get out of the boot loop. At this point since iTunes still detects my iphone, I'm doing a restore through itunes and it's downloading iOS 6.0.1 right now to restore it. What should my next step be here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.