Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demigod Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Got it in and swapped it out.

Impressions!

Not nearly as easy to pop the blades out as OWC's video would have you believe. Those pins have a really firm grip on them. Right as I was afraid I was going to damage the thing they popped out and I transferred them to the E2 without incident. Booted up and it works perfectly, hooked up an external via eSATA and we're swimming along. Nice difference in the transfer speed too; I was working on moving some Steam files around (due to the new format update Valve put out) and it was transferring them noticeably faster than Firewire 800. Nice.

OWC's rebate site wasn't able to recognize my original order unfortunately, so I sent a request to customer service and they responded within 30 minutes. Going to send the original back for a rebate now.

So far I'm pretty pleased despite the journey not being 100% smooth. A solid upgrade. Wonder if they'll ever make a USB3 + Thunderbolt version of the Accelsior?

DonMega

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
OWC's rebate site wasn't able to recognize my original order unfortunately, so I sent a request to customer service and they responded within 30 minutes. Going to send the original back for a rebate now.

This is exactly why I haven't jumped on it yet. Now that I know they can find the original order, I'm buying mine.

Thanks for the post!

Last edited:

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan

Impressions!

Not nearly as easy to pop the blades out as OWC's video would have you believe.

I didn't see such a video. When I went to the original link all I saw was the hype speed-test video.

--
BTW, I get 14.2 sec to import 120 RAW images of 16mpx each while Accelsior takes 19.8 for 100 (unknown if RAW and unknown size). And for thumbnail generation I get 17.4 sec. for the same 120 while Accelsior takes 29.9. I'm using SATAII rotational RAID0. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.