Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 7, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1
zelliott7234
macrumors newbie

iPod touch 3G Doesn't Go Into Landscape Mode

I have an iPod touch 3G on firmware(s) 3.1.3 - 4.3.3 (I test out things on different firmwares) and it doesn't go into landscape mode unless it's an automatic landscape app (i.e. YouTube, Angry Birds etc.). How can I fix this? I heard somewhere that the ball inside that tells it if it's in landscape mode might be stuck:

Quote:
Sometimes, you just need to reset the device by turning it off completely and turning it on. Worst case, your ball inside that tells if it is in landscape mode is stuck.
Source(s):
Apple Technician
// http://yhoo.it/mjgmko

Also; if I send it into Apple do all of my SHSH blobs stay? Because I have the following SHSH's:

4.2b3
4.3b1
4.3b2
4.3b3

I think I want to KEEP those SHSH's.

Thanks in advance!!
zelliott7234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:18 AM   #2
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

Dumb suggestion maybe, but have you double checked to make sure the orientation lock isn't on? When on a home screen, double click the home button. A bar of running apps will show up at the bottom. Slide to the right (to see the frame to the left) and make sure you just see a round arrow, not a round arrow with a lock symbol inside.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3
zelliott7234
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone28624 View Post
Dumb suggestion maybe, but have you double checked to make sure the orientation lock isn't on? When on a home screen, double click the home button. A bar of running apps will show up at the bottom. Slide to the right (to see the frame to the left) and make sure you just see a round arrow, not a round arrow with a lock symbol inside.
Haha, I've already tried that. I think most people would've assumed that it wasn't on. But thanks anyway for replying. Does anyone else have a suggestion?
zelliott7234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:58 AM   #4
craighton
macrumors member

When you go into landscape mode give it a shake to let the sensor orient itself. If that doesn't work then I think maybe your gyroscope or some other sensor is broken and may need to be replace.

Which I don't think it can be replaced so you're stuck getting a new iPod Touch.

Technology Blog | Personal Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr
craighton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:30 PM   #5
palmharbor
Banned

Exclamation SAme problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by craighton View Post
When you go into landscape mode give it a shake to let the sensor orient itself. If that doesn't work then I think maybe your gyroscope or some other sensor is broken and may need to be replace.

Which I don't think it can be replaced so you're stuck getting a new iPod Touch.
palmharbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:38 PM   #6
palmharbor
Banned

Exclamation answer

I found the answer on youtube today.
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.nDpXEz970jY

Its a reset and it worked for me...if this link is too long just do a search for ipod touch 4 will not change to landscape and he walks you through it all.
palmharbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch