Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
http://www.isamsim.com/samsim/show_detail.asp?id=14

Great news for the folks with a Sprint/Verizon/Virgin/Cricket iPhone 4S or Sprint or Cricket iPhone 5 locked to a CDMA carrier who would like to switch to a cheaper GSM prepaid plan like Straight Talk but couldn't because of the various restrictions on the baseband. Previously, this trick worked with all iPhone 4S models with the CDMA Geavy SIM but only with 5.1.1

This is the very first solution I know of to fully unlock your phone's baseband on iOS 6, and it works once again with all iPhone 4S models as well as with the iPhone 5 Sprint or Cricket models or the AT&T model for tmobile (the Verizon model is already unlocked in the US). Great news and more choices for all! ;)

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
http://www.isamsim.com/samsim/show_detail.asp?id=14

Great news for the folks with a Sprint/Verizon/Virgin/Cricket iPhone 4S or Sprint or Cricket iPhone 5 locked to a CDMA carrier who would like to switch to a cheaper GSM prepaid plan like Straight Talk but couldn't because of the various restrictions on the baseband. Previously, this trick worked with all iPhone 4S models with the CDMA Geavy SIM but only with 5.1.1

This is the very first solution I know of to fully unlock your phone's baseband on iOS 6, and it works once again with all iPhone 4S models as well as with the iPhone 5 Sprint or Cricket models or the AT&T model for tmobile (the Verizon model is already unlocked in the US). Great news and more choices for all! ;)

Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked out of the box.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked out of the box.

Duh... I mentioned that. Not everyone has the Verizon model!

----------

By the way I don't endorse this product or anything, but I'd sure love it if somebody bought one of these and played with it to see how well it works! C'mon, who's it gonna be? ;)

Last edited:

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Oh, what am I saying... I'm sure it's gonna be me who buys one to test it. ;)

I'm going to wait until 6.1 is released though to make sure this will work with it.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Does the Rsim7 replace the carrier sim or does it get ejected once it's done it's job of unlocking? I can't help sound like a noob, all I've ever used are CDMA phones. This sounds promising, especially now that "the man" has come down on unofficial unlocks.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Yeah, Geavey SIMs work by your SIM card resting on TOP of an extremely thin SIM card sized motherboard, effectively getting between the SIM card, and SIM card contacts inside the phone. Technically, since it's not an "official" unlock, it's not violating any laws. Also because it's not a hardware modification (the motherboard and your SIM card sit in a custom made sim tray which slides into your iPhone) it doesn't void your warrenty at all.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Sounds good. If page plus kicks my iPhone out of their system this might be the way use my 4s on straight talk. Thanks for the heads up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.