Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
i've been thinking about this myself, i have a 15" rmbp 2.7ghz/16gb ram/512gb ssd that i love for home and work, but have been thinking that a macbook air for vacations and just running around town would be nice. i have a 4th generation ipad too, but primarily using it for reading .cbr files... i'm just not that into it for other use. unsure if i should just man up and lug my macbook pro with me everywhere this summer or get something more portable. just have some money to burn and not much i want lol.

pcgolfer85

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2008
why not? do they let you take it home? do they tell you not to use it for personal use?

It's a gray area...my boss had me setup and additional account on the laptop just in case she needed to login for some reason. Also, she has made various negative comments about how people abuse their work machines. Hell, she probably uses her work laptop for personal reason. Lol.

blakek

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2013
you could do what i did for my wife; she loves and uses her iPad a LOT, but she also likes a laptop

looked and found a cheap first gen on craigslist and ordered a new battery and boom. problem solved

no need for a new high end MBA if all you're gonna do is do email/web browse

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
I end up choosing air 11" and very happy, might get iPad mini for kids, trips but I don't want to let air go. Small enouph to go most places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.