Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SILen(e

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
1. Google Now is also only fully funtional in a limited number of countries, just like Siri.
2. Android 4.1 is now 6 months old and there are no more than 40 million devices featuring Google Now (If we calculate with 400 million Android devices. I doubt that most people with older devices will still use the marketplace/Play anymore regularly, so 400 million devices would be a very high number, i would say it's smaller)
In the last quarter of 2011, Apple sold 37 million iPhones, most of them iPhone 4S.
In the following quarter, Apple sold 35 million iPhones, again, most of them iPhone 4S.

6 months after the release of Siri, 55-60 million devices capable of it.

And of course, there's a reason that the iPhone 4 didn't get Siri, because it lacked the Audience voice recognition technology, which would have made Siri much less usable on an iPhone 4.

The small number of devices with Google Now is not because of technical limitations but because Samsung and other companies are to lazy/cheap to port Android 4.1 to their only a year old devices.

JacquesP

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Hope it is just that

Android/Google must not become the new Windows a-like copy on cheap monopoly, we, customers, users really do not need that again.

The only thing I don't like bout the 5 is the soft aluminum: Despite careful handling and cases it got so many scratches already :-/ The stainless steel and glass combination of the 4's was really much less scratch sensitive, ... :mad:

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Yeah, why couldn't they have made a stronger alloy, have Lian-Li provide their aluminum (they have cool anodization that goes under the surface) or just used steel, like the 4/4S band?

Android/Google must not become the new Windows a-like copy on cheap monopoly, we, customers, users really do not need that again.

The only thing I don't like bout the 5 is the soft aluminum: Despite careful handling and cases it got so many scratches already :-/ The stainless steel and glass combination of the 4's was really much less scratch sensitive, ... :mad:

S

syd430

The iphone 5 is still selling BIG by any metric, just not quite as big as a couple analysts predicted. Pile in on cheap apple stock I say!

Actually it is the expectations of future cash flows that determines the stock price, not what you think is a reasonable profit. A relatively low P/E =/= cheap stock if earnings aren't in line with expectations.

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
If Apple get millions of sales of iPhones, it's because of blind followers. But if an android device sells well, it's because "openness wins".

If an android device sells well, its because 50% of the population hates apple, not because they know android to be better.

If apple wants to win, they need to control the ecosystem. No one wants to change their email address, loose their contacts, loose they're documents, photos, bookmarks, calenders, notes, passbook, apps, or music. They need to suck people in, and get them stuck there.

I think apple should buy mail.com. I wouldn't mind a mail.com email address.

On a side note:
They also need to partner with verizon, and provide funding for them to roll out more fiber optic internet connections to homes. Very high speed internet is the only way for us to have a pleasurable television experience. And the rest of the world already has very high speed internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.