Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
So I have a few devices using icloud to sync my contacts calendars etc. I have very few documents in the cloud, in fact my total data comes up to maybe 20 MB. And it has always shown as such when I log in to icloud to check storage.

However, I just got a new phone, set it up as new, and now my iCloud says 825 MB left of 5GB. What is taking up the storage?

I go to any of my devices, and it's the same: it just says iCloud 825 left of 5, currently using 20MB.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Go to Settings>iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage. There it will show what's using all of your storage space.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
I constantly get given this advice, but my total usage says 20MB.

No info in the manage pane ever gives me more info as to why I only have under 1GB left.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Did you ever have iCloud backup turned on? If you backed up a device to iCloud, then went back to iTunes backups, that iCloud backup is left out there and could be the cause of your used space.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Did you ever have iCloud backup turned on? If you backed up a device to iCloud, then went back to iTunes backups, that iCloud backup is left out there and could be the cause of your used space.

Nope. Under manage it says:
Icloud backups: 0kb

As part of troubleshooting you can activate backups and then delete and turn them off to try and 'nudge' it into updating, but no dice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.