Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nameunknown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Hello everyone!! I have been trying to install a window 7 on my mac. I succeeded in doing so but the problem I am facing right now is that I cannot connect to a wireless network when on my Win 7. I am using 10.6 and I have installed all the drivers. The keyboard, trackpad, sound, etc works perfectly fine!:eek::eek: So I don't know what else to do please help:(:( I have also tried repairing though.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Are you able to see any networks, or is it you can see yours but can't connect? What kind of security does your network use? WEP, WPA, WPA2?

nameunknown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Are you able to see any networks, or is it you can see yours but can't connect? What kind of security does your network use? WEP, WPA, WPA2?

I cannot see any networks. It only shows diagnostic... and how do you know which type of security are you using??:confused:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Do you know if your router is broadcasting the name of the network or is it closed/hidden? The security is determined by whomever set up the network. If you did not set up the wireless network, ask the person who did.

nameunknown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Do you know if your router is broadcasting the name of the network or is it closed/hidden? The security is determined by whomever set up the network. If you did not set up the wireless network, ask the person who did.

I asked the guy and he said it is broadcasting.
So what am I suppose to do now? Thank you

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
This is a network you can see and connect to in Mac OS but not in Windows? How did you install the drivers? Was the 10.6 disc with the drivers specific to your computer or a generic retail disc?

nameunknown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
This is a network you can see and connect to in Mac OS but not in Windows? How did you install the drivers? Was the 10.6 disc with the drivers specific to your computer or a generic retail disc?

Yes I can use internet perfectly fine with my mac.. I installed setup.exe from the snow leopard disc that was given to me when I first bought the computer. Does this have anything to do with the boot camp version?? It might be old :confused::confused:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
You can try installing the 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 Boot Camp updates located here. Make sure you are downloading the drivers for 32 or 64 bit, whichever you are running. You will have to download them in Mac OS to a flash drive and wait to run them until booted into Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.