Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sft109

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
I have subscriptions to several magazines (Bloomberg businessweek, the economist, automobile). On my 1st gen ipad on ios 5 businessweek auto downloaded. I got an ipad 4th gen when it came out and now none of my magazines auto download. All of them have the auto-download option set to 'on' in settings > newsstand. I've tried a hard reset, no help. I've googled it as well and it seems to be a common problem. I'm wondering if there is still no solution?

So is newsstand just unreliable or is there something I can do to make it work. Have not tried restoring my device but I'm trying to keep that as a last option.

My iphone 5 doesn't auto download the same subscriptions either. Notifications are turned on and auto download is turned on again. I get the notification that there is a new magazine waiting for me but when I open the app I have to manually download them all every time.

Any help?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I have subscriptions to several magazines (Bloomberg businessweek, the economist, automobile). On my 1st gen ipad on ios 5 businessweek auto downloaded. I got an ipad 4th gen when it came out and now none of my magazines auto download. All of them have the auto-download option set to 'on' in settings > newsstand. I've tried a hard reset, no help. I've googled it as well and it seems to be a common problem. I'm wondering if there is still no solution?

So is newsstand just unreliable or is there something I can do to make it work. Have not tried restoring my device but I'm trying to keep that as a last option.

My iphone 5 doesn't auto download the same subscriptions either. Notifications are turned on and auto download is turned on again. I get the notification that there is a new magazine waiting for me but when I open the app I have to manually download them all every time.

Any help?

Had the issue. Deleted the apps. Reinstalled. Resubscribed. Problem fixed.

If still not working: go to apple store. Speak to genius. Show him example. Let him help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.