Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:33 AM   #51
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Opposite for me, iPad Mini is superior for me, its pocket sized (big pants, big pockets), i take it everywhere, the iPad 4 however was too large, and the screen resolution makes no difference as the mini is smaller, its pixels are at the so called "retina" resolution anyway (which isn't a PPI, but is measured by the PPI in relation to the distance your eyes are from the device, so an iPhone needs a higher PPI than an iPad does).

Iphone 5 + unlimited data plan, iPad Mini + Unlimted dataplan = perfect carrying computing power.

If however your just sat at home, i can see where the larger iPad screen would be handy, but at home, im using my iMac and its screen is MUCH larger
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:18 AM   #52
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking monkey View Post
Surfing these forums on an iPhone is not a great experience - constant scrolling, barely see much at all on screen. It's stressing your eyes and you don't even know it.
tapatalk ftw
DisplacedMic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:50 PM   #53
Szarky
macrumors 6502

I can't stand looking at my iPad 2 anymore after having used my girlfriends Mini for a few months now. When I look at my iPad I think to myself "who the hell ripped off that laptop screen, rotated it and started using it as a tablet." I understand the benefits of the bigger screen but I just can't get that thought of my head now when I look and use the 2.

The weight of the Mini is really pleasant as well. People defend the 2-4 that it's not that heavy and it isn't but the word "light" definitely doesn't come to mind when thinking about it. The Mini is just a joy to hold, it just feels good.

I really hope they put in Retina in the next one this Fall, if they do I'll be pre-ordering.
Szarky is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
ipad, mini, retina