Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:24 PM   #1
tears2040
macrumors 6502

New iMac when is the exact release date?

I might be returning my new mac Mini as I am having problems with the graphics card..........

So please update if anyone knows

thanks
tears2040 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tears2040 View Post
I might be returning my new mac Mini as I am having problems with the graphics card..........

thanks
No one knows. There are several threads about this, but they're all guesses.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Malone1878
macrumors member

I'm hearing the 13th a lot...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM   #4
garpen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tears2040 View Post

thanks
And what says iMac will work with no problem?
garpen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:35 PM   #5
tears2040
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpen View Post
And what says iMac will work with no problem?
The MacMini does not have a good gpu. I just ran test on it vs my 2011 iMac. The imac scored at least 3 times more vs the hd4000. That is very very bad and the ONLY reason I can even think that is causing the problem.

Last edited by tears2040; Nov 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
tears2040 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Hackfix21
macrumors member

This seems quite extraordinary to me. It's now been two and a half weeks during which it's simply not possible to buy an iMac, old or new, on the Apple website. And it's not even allowing us to order it yet, never mind deliver.

I don't remember any other time previously when there was this period of total limbo on the Mac side. And I don't see what the problem is - all the rumours previously were about production difficulties with large retina displays, but this iMac isn't even retina, so what's the problem?
Hackfix21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:38 PM   #7
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackfix21 View Post
This seems quite extraordinary to me. It's now been two and a half weeks during which it's simply not possible to buy an iMac, old or new, on the Apple website. And it's not even allowing us to order it yet, never mind deliver.

I don't remember any other time previously when there was this period of total limbo on the Mac side. And I don't see what the problem is - all the rumours previously were about production difficulties with large retina displays, but this iMac isn't even retina, so what's the problem?
The rumors were saying production difficulties because of new laminating technology, which is what ended up being in the new iMacs, not necessarily retina displays.

But yes, it's really in both our and Apple's best interest to have iMacs for sale ASAP. It seems ridiculous that something supposedly slated for release in June still isn't out almost half a year later.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Overg
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackfix21 View Post

Aside from the fact that I ask myself : "why on planet earth, apple decided from all these years of the Imac existence, to have such troubles with the imac line, just in time when I want to buy my first mac..."
I am sure TIm isn't happy with that as well, this is not an ordinary state, imagine how much money apple loose every day because of this awkward situation.
all in all the imac is the only thing that left unreleased yet, from this year hardware bomb. ( ipad mini,ipad 4th, iphone, ipod, macbook (all line), shuffle all are out and available.)
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:21 PM   #9
atthecross
macrumors 6502

would be great if it's early in December!!! I have a $45 off credit that expires on Dec 29th
atthecross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:01 PM   #10
clunkmess
macrumors regular

the Apple chat says this about the 21.5 inch model:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 7.58.55 PM.png
Views:	370
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	376465  
clunkmess is offline   0 Reply With Quote