Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I am experiencing the following bug: While watching Apple TV2, if my iMac goes to sleep, it will interrupt the home sharing. As a workaround, I have to disable home sharing on the Apple TV2 and then immediately re-enable it to get it started back up. My iMac remains sleeping during this disabling and re-enabling workaround.

This started happening right after I upgraded to iTunes 11. Anyone having the same issue? Any solutions. I just now disabled the firewall on the iMac to see if that has anything to do with it. But it seems that the sleeping is triggering the disconnect.

Edit: Just performed this test.. disabled the firewall on the iMac, and so far so good. I do remember having an issue with iTunes 11 asking permission for incoming connections when I initially installed it, but that message went away.

Last edited:

sunday trucker

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
I am also having this problem, fortunately my imac is in he same room as the ATV3 setup, otherwise it would be much more irritating.

institute

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Have you installed the 11.01 iTunes update? This solved a disconnect on sleep issue for me.

Cheers

sunday trucker

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Have you installed the 11.01 iTunes update? This solved a disconnect on sleep issue for me.

Cheers

I am yet to update to .01, didn't realise it was available. I will get on it shortly and report back.

Edit: just a brief update. Since updating iTunes I have not had this issue, I have not used my atv too frequently this past week, but fingers crossed I'm cured.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.