Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Hi.. I got a new iPad 4 2nd generation last month. I have around 19GB of free space. But every now and then, the iPad keeps on showing, YOUR STORAGE IS FULL and the Available shows 0.

While the original available is 19GB as you see in this screenshot.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5128006/hifi/photo.PNG

Then again gets to normal 19GB after few hours.

I dont understand this damn activity of the iPad , showing 0 and then getting to 19 and then again 0 , etc .

What could it be ?

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
That's odd. Have you tried resetting the device? Not sure if that would help but worth a shot.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Where are you checking the available storage: on the iPad using the Settings app or in iTunes while doing a sync? I've noticed that during a sync the space sometimes drops but then returns upon completion.

Regardless of the answer, a backup and restore seems like a good idea.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hi.. I got a new iPad 4 2nd generation last month.

I'm going to assume you meant merely iPad 4 or ipad 2ndgen because there is no iPad 4 2nd gen

As for your storage issue. It's likely one of two possibles

1. It's talking about iCloud which is full cause you have over 5 GB of stuff in need of backing up

2. Some app is caching files and not dumping them properly. There are many possible contenders. Generally powering off your iPad, wait about 5 minutes and Power it back on works. If not, try rebooting by making sure you are not plugged into computer then holding both the power and home buttons until the screen goes back and the apple logo comes up and then let go of both right away

Next time the error comes up take a screenshot of the message. That will likely tell us which option it is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.