Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
So I had to reinstall iOS on my phone today, and after redownloading all of my apps, I noticed that the Facebook app never popped up a push notification request like it has in the past. Has anyone else noticed this? Don't I have to approve the app's ability to send me notifications at the OS level?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
The phone could have saved the facebook app settings because the OS has built in integration with facebook so the facebook app is not treated just like any old app. (same with twitter, podcasts etc.)

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
And in a weird turn of events nearly two full days later I open Facebook and get the push notifications prompt. Hmmm

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Yes its buggy as hell right now ... btw .. if you would have clicked the little globe icon (notifications) in the fb app, it would have prompted immediately ..lol

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
Yes its buggy as hell right now ... btw .. if you would have clicked the little globe icon (notifications) in the fb app, it would have prompted immediately ..lol

Negative. Every time I opened the app that little globe had numbers on it telling me I had notifications (the phone just wasn't pushing them at that point). That little globe got tapped a good thirty times before iOS ever prompted me for push.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.