Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:16 PM   #1
hsleiman
macrumors regular

Play All by Artist on iOS 7

Any way to play all the songs by an artist in the music app? As it stands currently if you have an artist with several different albums it will just play the songs within whatever album you selected and stop. Hoping this is just an oversight in the early betas but it's very annoying to have to create a playlist to listen to all the songs by 1 artist. Anyone aware of a way to do this without creating a playlist?
hsleiman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 01:14 PM   #2
kamalaggi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleiman View Post
Any way to play all the songs by an artist in the music app? As it stands currently if you have an artist with several different albums it will just play the songs within whatever album you selected and stop. Hoping this is just an oversight in the early betas but it's very annoying to have to create a playlist to listen to all the songs by 1 artist. Anyone aware of a way to do this without creating a playlist?
Currently the only way is asking siri.
kamalaggi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:44 AM   #3
Spankey
macrumors regular

Just ran into this yesterday. This is a major fail.
Spankey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:37 AM   #4
Patrijz
macrumors newbie

I noticed this right away and for me was the reason to switch back to iOS6. I also thought it was a MAJOR fail and really ruins the way I like to listen to music. All Apple devices I owned (from the iPod classic, nano and touch) provided the best listening experience for me and this was one of the reasons I still choose iPhone over Androids. Why in the world would they do this?! How much trouble can it be to fix this? I really really hope they do before the final release... Or I would be majorly disappointed.
Patrijz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:56 AM   #5
WiiDsmKR69
macrumors newbie

Also - when you select an artist, you have to scroll through the albums , which takes ages if you have a lot of albums by one artists .

So annoying , the artist artwork is a nice touch but man it takes a long time to scroll through them all
WiiDsmKR69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7