Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1
badlydrawnboy
macrumors 6502a

Use Gmail alias as default "reply from" address in Mail.app?

I have a Gmail account with several email accounts that forward into it. I've configured Gmail on the web so that I can send email from those accounts.

I just set up this Gmail account in Mail.app in iOS7 on my iPad.

In Gmail on the web, if I receive an email to one of the accounts that forwards into this Gmail account, and click "reply", it will automatically send use that account as the "from" address (rather than the Gmail account). For example, if I get an email from "alias #3", when I reply, the "from" address is automatically "alias #3". Sparrow does this on the iPhone and on the desktop.

Is there any way to specify this as a preference in Mail.app on the iPad? Otherwise I have to remember to manually change the "from" address when I reply to an email sent to any of the accounts that forward to my Gmail account.
badlydrawnboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7