Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Just got one of these. $79US (Ouch).

It holds both the Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, converting them into a notebook 'like' external keyboard. (A notebook without the screen part). There are many other contraptions to combine the two, but this is the best-hands down.

First thing I thought when I opened that box- worth the $$$. Really nice accessory if you want something like this. It produces the finest external wireless keyboard there ever has been.

It used to be aluminum, but is plastic now, and costs almost half. It also use to 'not' be flush, which is to say, the new one is, so it must be an improvement.

Just a heads up.

(Just a consumer, no connection).

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Just got one of these. $79US (Ouch).

It holds both the Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, converting them into a notebook 'like' external keyboard. (A notebook without the screen part). There are many other contraptions to combine the two, but this is the best-hands down.

First thing I thought when I opened that box- worth the $$$. Really nice accessory if you want something like this. It produces the finest external wireless keyboard there ever has been.

It used to be aluminum, but is plastic now, and costs almost half. It also use to 'not' be flush, which is to say, the new one is, so it must be an improvement.

Just a heads up.

(Just a consumer, no connection).

Just bought one. Now to see when it arrives.
This should allow me to use an iMac instead of a laptop.
Why ? Because this will keep the trackpad flat and mimic the MBA laptop arrangement.
With bad hands, I can't use a mouse or a conventional trackpad.

What I would really like is a MBA that has a detachable screen (so I can use just the kbd etc. This hopefully is the next best arrangement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.