Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I sold it to her awhile back, but regretted it, because I have so much music, and it won't all fit on my iphone 5 (16gb). I sold it to her for $175 and she offered to sell it back to me for $100. I wanted the 5g Ipod touch, but not 200-300 dollars more or however much it would have costed. Do you think that the ipod touch 5 is worth it? Anyway, I am doing a i cloud restore on my ipod touch, from my iphone 5. Is there anyway to get music off of here, other than to connect it to itunes, or is itunes my best bet? Thanks in advance.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Ipod touch 5 is better in many ways, it doesn't have ambient light censor though if you dont mind.

I think Touch 5 is too thin and look fragile, it is too expensive as well. If you can get touch 4 at 100 then get it. Hope battery is still good. Its a no brainer.

100 vs 299

LucasLee

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Don't buy a second hand iPod touch, because of the iPod touch thin profile. Their battery die the fastest. Unless you want to plug on you iPod touch 24/7

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I'm exactly in your boat, was eyeing up the 5th gen but then I found a really good offer for a second hand 4th gen. So far, I'm pleased with that decision. I'm finding the battery life to be good and while it is not as fast as my iPad 3, it's not sluggish either. However, my use pattern is focussed on listening to music and podcasts, with a bit of video thrown in. If I were to rely on it more for emailing, browsing and taking photos, I would maybe have saved up for a 5th gen instead.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Don't buy a second hand iPod touch, because of the iPod touch thin profile. Their battery die the fastest. Unless you want to plug on you iPod touch 24/7
It's foolish to say that - any iPod's battery will die sooner after some time from when it was new - the iPod touch's battery actually lasts many more cycles than previous iPod's batteries.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
The iPod Touch 5 is very well worth it. It is a HUGE upgrade and is incredibly snappy. It's probably just me but if feels faster than the 4s. It's not more expensive than the 4th gen was either. At least at the same capacity (32gb and 64gb). It just lacks a 'low' capacity option. Which would be a pain to use. The videos it records take up a huge amount of space and the games/apps are getting bigger. Especially with the higher resolution. I doubt you'll be disappointed. I sure wasn't. I haven't regretted it for a second. I even tossed around the idea of getting a second one (64gb). Right now though, I can't justify it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.