Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:47 PM   #301
kas23
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFunTv View Post
Can someone tell me WHY its called Mavericks? The only thing that comes to mind is the Dallas Mavericks. :/
The only thing that comes to my mind is the Tina Fey McCain skits.
kas23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:08 AM   #302
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WAS the one View Post
The Mac Pro was his most praised Mac ever.
And how many years ago was that? No question he used to be excited about pro users, pro hardware, and pro apps. But that was ages ago and he totally changed his mind and ended up completely neglecting that part of the market.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 05:08 PM   #303
Sound214
macrumors regular

Have anyone figured out how to move the Dock to another display? It just randomly jumps for me...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 06:27 AM   #304
m3rih
macrumors newbie

As you know, I had some problems after upgrading from mountain lion. However, I installed clean. For 2 days, everything has worked fine. Of course, there are some bugs. But overall, it is usable. I have some questions. If you answer, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

1- Some says that battery is improved. But mine is opposite. On mountain lion, it lasted 6-7 hours but on mavericks, it lasts 3-3.5 hours.

2- Did anyone enable trim on mavericks? I wanna try but I am afraid.

P.s Don't install cluster. It makes system unusable.
m3rih is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:59 AM   #305
MrNomNoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rih View Post
As you know, I had some problems after upgrading from mountain lion. However, I installed clean. For 2 days, everything has worked fine. Of course, there are some bugs. But overall, it is usable. I have some questions. If you answer, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

1- Some says that battery is improved. But mine is opposite. On mountain lion, it lasted 6-7 hours but on mavericks, it lasts 3-3.5 hours.

2- Did anyone enable trim on mavericks? I wanna try but I am afraid.

P.s Don't install cluster. It makes system unusable.
With the clean install - did you write the InstallESD.dmg to a thumb drive and installed it off that?

Regarding the battery life - have you tried resetting your SMC and PRAM? the time quoted (in the battery drop down menu) is only an estimation based on usage patterns and not an actual real world figure. Far too many think it is an actual number when it is only an estimation that can go up or down depending on what you're doing at the time - the applications being run, what tasks are running etc.
MrNomNoms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:00 AM   #306
I WAS the one
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
And how many years ago was that? No question he used to be excited about pro users, pro hardware, and pro apps. But that was ages ago and he totally changed his mind and ended up completely neglecting that part of the market.
When exactly he changed his mind? WHEN????
I WAS the one is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:14 PM   #307
milo
macrumors 603

Just look at what Apple has released over the years, putting less effort into anything "pro" related started years ago. It's only since Cook took over that they've shifted and started doing anything for pro users again.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:06 PM   #308
zainiak
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMo View Post
I will reiterate my advice not to install it, both because nothing you've said indicates that you know how to do it (or how backups work: you should back up again if you've changed something since the last one and you want one of those changes saved) and because it's probably not stable enough yet for you to use as your primary OS.

I don't know what Apple has done to make normal people excited about operating systems, but they must be doing something right.
sorry to bring back an old post, but most of this is not true with me not trying to fight. i was asking because this is my first mac and it hasn't been out long enough for an update yet. also, I've been using mavericks as my primary for over a month now. I would not consider myself normal, just asked a stupid question to seem like i had no idea what i was doing
zainiak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 05:50 PM   #309
rickysocer
macrumors newbie

screen resolution

will this allow 4k output from HDMI / Thunderbolt on existing MBPr?
rickysocer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion