Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
I've got an iPhone 5, and I've never jail broken one before, and I don't really know what it is.

Can anyone explain it to me and tell me the implications of it, is it safe?

And how do you do it with the new untethered version\?

Jakebrown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
I've read up on google, I was hoping for people who's actually done it's opinions!

Its brilliant.
Check out these :

Swipe Selection, Ask to Call, Full Screen Safari, Safari Download enabler, Safari Download manager, iCleaner, Maps Opener (Defaults to google maps instead of apple map), NCSettings (wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts), 3GUnrestrictor (Download on 3g).

Those are what I jailbreak for, it makes the phone easier to use and gives me better capability when browsing and downloading.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Its brilliant.
Check out these :

Swipe Selection, Ask to Call, Full Screen Safari, Safari Download enabler, Safari Download manager, iCleaner, Maps Opener (Defaults to google maps instead of apple map), NCSettings (wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts), 3GUnrestrictor (Download on 3g).

Those are what I jailbreak for, it makes the phone easier to use and gives me better capability when browsing and downloading.

Thank you!

I reckon I'm going to do it.

One thing, so I have to turn of the pass code function before hand, and close itunes?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thank you!

I reckon I'm going to do it.

One thing, so I have to turn of the pass code function before hand, and close itunes?

Yes, turn off your passcode lock and also close iTunes. It's best to just not touch the computer while it's running, and definitely do not touch your phone once it has started until it tells you to do so.

Good luck and enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.