Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
I am planning the basic Fusion 5 route on my Mini-Mac.

It says it will works with windows 8 but I need it for windows xp because that is what I have. It doesn't go into detail. It lists Fusion 5 "profesional" as working with all windows programs, including xp, but I don't want to pay extra for that.

http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-fusion-082312.html

Does anyone know if the basic $50 version of Fusion 5 will work with Windows XP migration and emulation??

Thanks
K

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
I'm sure it would. The comparison chart between regular and professional doesn't say anything about older OS support. I'm sure the virtualization engine is exactly the same. The professional version just gives you extra management support which typical home users don't need.

You can also download the demo of Fusion Pro if you want to try that out and suck in your XP workstation.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
I'm using fusion 5 on my mac mini and I'm running windows xp, windows 98se and windows 7 in it. Running 10.8.2. XP will no longer run under bootcamp if you have the newer versions of OSX.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.