Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:43 PM   #176
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
You do have to pay for it. It's included, not free. Have you ever tried getting "free" cereal toys and selling them?
You pay for the contract not the phone. There is a difference. Your plan doesn't increase or decrease because one phone is cheaper or more expensive.. My point still stands....
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:41 PM   #177
1Alec1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Democratic Republic of Congo, you racist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
You pay for the contract not the phone. There is a difference. Your plan doesn't increase or decrease because one phone is cheaper or more expensive.. My point still stands....
Actually, it does. Also, when you buy an iPhone, the sales tax is at the price of the phone without the contract. You can't buy it without a contract.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:06 PM   #178
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
Actually, it does. Also, when you buy an iPhone, the sales tax is at the price of the phone without the contract. You can't buy it without a contract.
Yes you can buy it without a contract. Maybe where you live you can't but in the US you can. Plus sales tax is at discounted price if you buy it at a discount..l
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:38 PM   #179
roxxette
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I dont understand whats the big deal, people say the iphone 5 feels "rock solid" and have some "heft" yet the damm thing weights nothings, thin and feels fragile
roxxette is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:22 AM   #180
1Alec1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Democratic Republic of Congo, you racist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
Yes you can buy it without a contract. Maybe where you live you can't but in the US you can. Plus sales tax is at discounted price if you buy it at a discount..l
You can't buy it for $0 or $0.99 without a contract.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:58 AM   #181
nia820
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
they should use the same plastic casing nokia used for the 3310's
nia820 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:09 AM   #182
retroneo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
If they can make the iPod nano ($149) profitably out of aluminum, why would they make a cheaper iPhone out of plastic?
retroneo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:01 AM   #183
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
You can't buy it for $0 or $0.99 without a contract.
I never said you could. Please show me where I said that. Exactly, you won't because I never did.
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:31 AM   #184
1Alec1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Democratic Republic of Congo, you racist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
I never said you could. Please show me where I said that. Exactly, you won't because I never did.
You said that Apple gives them away for free. That is not true. Apple sells them for a substantial price through the carrier contracts.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:41 PM   #185
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
You said that Apple gives them away for free. That is not true. Apple sells them for a substantial price through the carrier contracts.
No I didn't say "Apple gives them away for free" Once again nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said they are being given away and proved the point. I was talking about the carriers. No where did I say Apple in any of my posts. Nice try though.
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:14 PM   #186
1Alec1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Democratic Republic of Congo, you racist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
No I didn't say "Apple gives them away for free" Once again nice try at putting words in my mouth. I said they are being given away and proved the point. I was talking about the carriers. No where did I say Apple in any of my posts. Nice try though.
Nobody is giving iPhones away. The carriers make you buy a plan that includes the cost of the iPhone.

Oh, and this is from you:
Quote:
and apple isn't "giving away devices?" last I checked the 3gs and now the 4 are being given away.
Either you're trolling or stupid, so that is all I have to say.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:29 PM   #187
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Alec1 View Post
Nobody is giving iPhones away. The carriers make you buy a plan that includes the cost of the iPhone.

Oh, and this is from you:


Either you're trolling or stupid, so that is all I have to say.
The carriers are giving them away. The contract doesn't include price of phone otherwise contracts would increase for more expensive phones which they don't. So yeah anything else to say?
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:51 PM   #188
g4manimac
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arkansas
Yes they do "GIVE" phones away but with the iphone you have to get a costly plan in most cases.
Iphone +Expensive plan+Signed contract====To them its worth the phone to get you locked in to a plan.
g4manimac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC