Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Maybe that's why they asked here, cause it doesn't provide a viable solution. At least not in the first 100 hits.

Did you try googling what I put? If you did you would have noticed the 2nd hit which is a link to MACRUMORS has a viable solution.

iCal Viewer is pretty neat upon playing around with it. Not sure how functional it is, but pretty fun to mess around with.

This was the solution mentioned. I knew the solution, that's why I put those google search criteria because it would lead TO the solution. But sometimes you have to help the person help themselves rather than just hand the solution on a silver platter. It's like watching your kids put a butter knife into the wall socket... you just sit back and wait then say "Bet you won't do THAT again will yah?"

I can understand more complex issues, but this took less than 1min to find the answer with google. The OP posted at (my time stamp) 1:38 and this post is around 2:40 which is a whole hour later. A small google and he/she would have had the answer.

Maybe they didn't know WHAT to google, which is why I posted the search criteria. I'm not gonna sit here and argue not helping someone versus helping someone. I'm more than willing to help, and I did, I pointed them into the right direction even when I did the searching for them to find the answer.

Hope the iCal Viewer works for you. Good luck.

/changechannel

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
This was the solution mentioned. I knew the solution, that's why I put those google search criteria because it would lead TO the solution. But sometimes you have to help the person help themselves rather than just hand the solution on a silver platter. It's like watching your kids put a butter knife into the wall socket... you just sit back and wait then say "Bet you won't do THAT again will yah?"

You would not only allow your kid to stick a knife into an outlet, but sit there and watch? I'm sorry, but that sounds pretty awful.

mrpalmer420

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
This is going to bring things unbelievably OT but for lords sake.

Anything and everything can be found (well almost) through a google search. I come here for help and then if no one can help me then i will google search. the reason for this is "mac Basics and Help" not Google Search Help.

If you know the answer tell the person.

Rant over.

Back OT.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I've been looking for the same thing. iCal Viewer looks fun and all, but what I really want is to have the current month set as my desktop background, and if I add/change an event, it shows up on the desktop. Sort of like having a calendar on the refrigerator, only it's on the computer at all times, instead.

Plusbits

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Birmingham, UK
@kkat69

There's a reason this forum was set up; to HELP people, particularly this thread. Seriously, there would be virtually no posts on here otherwise. If you know the answer, help the person, don't have a rant at them and tell us how you plan on murdering your children ffs

/end rant

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
i gave up googling mac problems/questions

why google when you can let google google for you

I just post a question on macrumors and wait till google to notify me that someone answered.

yea! :)

o ya, icalviewer is great, thanks

iChill03

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
New idea

You can go to your calendar and print the month you want to PDF. Then you can go to the PDF file and save it as JPEG or something. and then save it as a wallpaper. :D ;)

iChill03

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
True. I was just posting the easiest way to go about it. i played with ical viewer. not too many options to play with... Best of luck. i didnt like the picture idea. it makes it all white... not a big fan.:apple:

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Did you try googling what I put? If you did you would have noticed the 2nd hit which is a link to MACRUMORS has a viable solution.

I can understand more complex issues, but this took less than 1min to find the answer with google. The OP posted at (my time stamp) 1:38 and this post is around 2:40 which is a whole hour later. A small google and he/she would have had the answer.

Maybe they didn't know WHAT to google, which is why I posted the search criteria. I'm not gonna sit here and argue not helping someone versus helping someone. I'm more than willing to help, and I did, I pointed them into the right direction even when I did the searching for them to find the answer.

Hope the iCal Viewer works for you. Good luck.

/changechannel

you need to chill. he made a thread because he wanted a more personalized, updated response.

Google is not the be all end all. This is why forums exist.

ikristy

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
I hope I'm replying correctly (first time, sorry:)), but blotter seems to possibly do what you're after. Its AU$9.99 on the app store though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.