Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:42 PM   #26
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcrobie View Post
you can't leave the 5.1 track as track 1/default, meaning if want to play any of the movies on my TV downstairs using my WDTV Live Hub (or Apple TV or whatever) I have to manually select audio track 2 to get proper surround sound.
This is because the Apple TV expects the 5.1 track to be track 2. It works properly when used with an Apple TV.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:46 PM   #27
MoodyM
macrumors 6502

Ok, but my WD TV Live Hub uses track 1 as default, so it would be nice to have the option.

Is there any other app that will let me change the default audio track?
MoodyM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:25 PM   #28
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Ok, but my WD TV Live Hub uses track 1 as default, so it would be nice to have the option.

Is there any other app that will let me change the default audio track?
Try Subler.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:47 PM   #29
Che Castro
macrumors 601

One thing you gotta be careful if 2 movies have the same name like Robin Hood ,one of them will disappear in iTunes

So name them like this in iflicks

Robin Hood 2010
Robin Hood 1973
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:55 AM   #30
MoodyM
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohbot16 View Post
Try Subler.
Thanks, but I don't see any way in Subler of retaining the 5.1 audio track
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:59 AM   #31
spacepower7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiwi View Post
I have been trying both iFlicks and iVI and finally decided to donate to Subler and MP4Tools.

iVI has nice set of customization features, you can add subtitles, can't precise audio much (they promised to add AC3 640Kbps downstream in next update) and sometimes it feels buggy (e.g. if you enable pass through but have set max 4.5 Mbps, app was supposed to warn you - according to their FAQ - and stick to the settings while it is passing through even 20Mbps tracks with no warnings).

iFlicks on the other hand has almost none customizing features, you can't add tracks, can't add subtitles, can't have influence on the video's high profile (nightlies HB allows this). So it is either all or nothing and after iFlicks you still have to use Subler to add / remove tracks / subs.
iFlicks can add subtitles, you just have to keep them in the same directory/folder and name them similarly to the AVI or MKV file.

Such as:

Macrumors.awesome720.mkv

Macrumors.awesome720.eng.srt

Macrumors.awesome720.rom.srt

Etc....

All in the same folder...

These are soft subtitles, not hardcoded, same as Subler.

I'm still testing out all the free apps and the ones I paid for, trying to decide the best workflows.

Sometimes I feel I'm in perpetual beta mode
spacepower7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:59 AM   #32
cosmicjoke
macrumors 6502

i pretty much like it, am very new to using it (just last couple days).... would kind of like to see the itunes compatible and apple tv 3 presets merged and it intelligently handle whether it remuxes or transcodes based on what codecs the file has... that would help for automating things with a watched folder script.
cosmicjoke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:03 AM   #33
MoodyM
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicjoke View Post
i pretty much like it, am very new to using it (just last couple days)....would kind of like to see the iTunes compatible and apple TV 3 presets merged and it intelligently handle whether it remuxes or transcodes based on what codecs the file has... that would help for automating things with a watched folder script.
That would be great - I had several folder full of various season/episodes of CSI, mixed between AVI, mp4 and mkv files. I wanted to dump the whole lot into iFlicks and "convert" them for my girlfriend's iPad 2, but obviously to make sure they ALL played on iPad I had to choose "iPad" as the preset, which had the knock-on effect of meaning all the mp4's and mkv's were being unnecessarily re-encoded.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:13 AM   #34
cosmicjoke
macrumors 6502

Quote:
That would be great - I had several folder full of various season/episodes of CSI, mixed between AVI, mp4 and mkv files. I wanted to dump the whole lot into iFlicks and "convert" them for my girlfriend's iPad 2, but obviously to make sure they ALL played on iPad I had to choose "iPad" as the preset, which had the knock-on effect of meaning all the mp4's and mkv's were being unnecessarily re-encoded.
word... i think it would also be really cool if iFlicks was a server w/ web ui like Transmission or SabNZBd... i have a headless '12 mac mini server that i use iflicks on... mostly i have everything with iflicks automated with a script, but sometimes i have to vnc in to get the job done... would def. prefer to just be able to do it all through a web ui.
cosmicjoke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:11 AM   #35
cdavis11
macrumors regular

I use it every day to tag TV shows I dump into iTunes from EyeTV. Works like a champ.

It has good scripting support, and i've found that i'm making more frequent use of the rules setup now that i'm automating TV show tagging to include square artwork.

IFlicks developer has told me that they're working on a future update to include an option for square art, but in the meantime the rules setup works very well.

I can't speak to it as a converter, I use it only for tagging.
cdavis11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater