Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
Apple needs to implement something in iMessage that allows you to block messages from particular people. I think we will see expansion on do not disturb in iOS 7. I iBlacklist figured it out, and was helpful preventing repeat texts from advertising firms..

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
To send an iMessage:
Step 1: Type your message and hit send
Step 2: Put your thumb in the middle of the screen to scan your print
Step 3: Type captcha image
Step 4: Say your verification phrase
Step 5: Take selfie of yourself for face verification
Step 6: Offer 1oz. of blood for dna verifications
Step 7: Repeat until you die of blood loss.

That made me happy. :)

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Ahhh. You're correct.

Hackintosh community.

Jerks.

Are you aware what the hackintosh community even is? It's a community dedicated to getting OS X running on non-Apple x86 machines. Please don't misuse this word. Thanks

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Will people please stop quoting and responding to Peace? It makes my ignore list useless. Thanks.

ski4ever

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
This can be easily recreated by sending a single long iMessage with copy and pasted emojis. It will freeze the messages app and you won't be able to open it at all. To fix, just go to a contact and click send message, then cancel the message. You will be taken to message list and just delete the long message. Pretty funny prank.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
You would be screwed if you made a typo in the message and only noticed after you sent it.

Don't worry. Apple will offer iRegrowHair Lotion at $999/bottle coming in super light and thin Aluminum and glass cases (It's magical!).

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
If you didn't see on the news lately, DDoS attacks are being used to larger effects now. Large enough attacks are being generated to slow the Internet in large area. I find it hard to believe that for now, anyone can prevent themselves from falling prey to a DDoS attack if the attacker has his mind set.

It depends on how the DDoS attack is structured. This kind of repeating message can easily be stopped by a little bit of spam prevention code. Quite frankly, I'm surprised iMessage doesn't work that way.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
It appears that 7535 is Att's number. Would it be possible that you exceeded your monthly 3G allowance and they were just trying to warn you? Check with Att and see what they say. Also this is not an iMessage, it's just a regular text, like I said, most likely from Att.

I actually go over my Data Limit pretty often, I miss having unlimited a lot. But usually those texts come to me just fine, they also email me as well to let me know.

So usually if I get those, I get an email at the exact same time. So I'm unsure but I will contact AT&T and ask them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.