Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
I have the latest Facebook update for the Facebook app for th iPad and I can't figure out how to delete comments. Before I could swipe and a red delete icon would appear but now it doesn't.

The only way I found out how is to go to my timeline, activity log and delete it from there but that takes longer.

Did they really get rid of the swipe option?

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i have never been able to delete comments in the Facebook app for either the iPhone or iPad. it's quite frustrating to be honest.

Facebook doesn't care about their mobile apps, since they don't generate any revenue for the company. they only care about web access since that's where the ads are. that's why the company's apps have horrible performance, lack key features, and just overall is not up to par with the kind of company Facebook stands for

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
It seems like they did get rid of the swipe to delete option for comments. I just tried it on my iPad to no avail. That's unfortunate (even though I barely used it). I hadn't even noticed until I came across this post.

Screwbie

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Go to m.facebook.com log in as usual and delete from there, on iOS devices. Just tried, tested and it works. Hope it helps.

Oct 24, 2012
In the App, if you go to your profile, and underneath your profile picture, swipe left to the end where it shows "Activity Log"... The Activity Log obviously shows your activity, but also allows you to delete just about anything. It works great on the iPad.

It has been there for quite some time, but just recently (within the last week) I've noticed it once again working properly. It wasn't allowing me to delete anything, and forced me onto my Mac to edit facebook content.

Glad its working properly again. :)

CuriousJudy

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Sorry I updated Facebook App, you?

I know this sounds odd, but I agree with "Boob." I, too, have the latest Facebook update for the Facebook app for the iPad and now I'm sorry I updated it. I, too, can't figure out how to delete comments on my News Feed. Before I could swipe and a red delete icon would appear but now it doesn't.

I tried Screwbie's suggestion of going to m.facebook.com and that didn't help.

And Notsurfeif's suggestion of going to my Activity Log only allowed me to delete things I had personally posted, not the stupid new ads that are constantly showing up now on my News Feed like an offer from Rosetta Stone. Help!

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
There's 3 vertical little dots next to your status, tap it then you can delete it.

This! They did away with the swiping a few updates back. Probably when they went to the natively coded app.

Also lets you edit posts. Hide posts. Etc.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Yeah it's disappointing that they removed the feature, you can log into the web app and do it, but it's kind of taking you out of the "experience".

RickyB

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
In the App, if you go to your profile, and underneath your profile picture, swipe left to the end where it shows "Activity Log"... The Activity Log obviously shows your activity, but also allows you to delete just about anything. It works great on the iPad.

It has been there for quite some time, but just recently (within the last week) I've noticed it once again working properly. It wasn't allowing me to delete anything, and forced me onto my Mac to edit facebook content.

Glad its working properly again. :)

Some of the later posters seems to have missed this one. It works on the iPhone too.

Thanks, notsureif.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I ran into that problem before, couldn't delete things while in the app. I can do that if I log in with a browser. It's just like viewing from a desktop then.

Ume littleblack

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Press down on the comment and delete option will come out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 627
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.