Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:20 PM   #251
randyj
macrumors member

I have the answer for you Tim Cook.
Use some of the margin you lose when a carrier sells a phone rather than Apple to have a promotion where 1 in say 15 or 20 iPhones are Free if bought at the Apple store.
That and improve the time it takes to get a phone into the hands of the customers so you wait no more than 10 minutes.
randyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 07:51 PM   #252
gadgetguy03
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadguy View Post
Not everyone froths at the mouth over the iPhone like so many people here.
I mean no disrespect when I ask this but what would you expect in a forum called MacRumors?

----------

I don't know if anyone else stated this before, but I go to my carrier store because that's where I get my phone for the subsidized price. I don't go to the Apple store because:

1) It's in the major retailer location in my city (not any fault of Apple's. I say it's common sense) and I don't like to deal with traffic and the rather large distance. If a store were closer to me I would go more often but I have yet to set foot in an Apple Store.

2) I am not sure Apple can modify my account with my carrier. I get the 5 or whatever for $199 and not the $600 some odd dollars it costs unlocked.
gadgetguy03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 01:38 AM   #253
theheadguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to theheadguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguy03 View Post
I mean no disrespect when I ask this but what would you expect in a forum called MacRumors?
Since you asked, the forum wasn't always like this. It used to be full of analytical thought coupled with equal praise and criticism of the successes and mistakes of Apple Computer, Inc. I suppose I should not expect that it will return that way. But I digress, I too often give it the benefit of the doubt.
theheadguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:38 AM   #254
gadgetguy03
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadguy View Post
Since you asked, the forum wasn't always like this. It used to be full of analytical thought coupled with equal praise and criticism of the successes and mistakes of Apple Computer, Inc. I suppose I should not expect that it will return that way. But I digress, I too often give it the benefit of the doubt.
I'm sorry to hear that. I have only started frequenting these forums within the past year so I have no knowledge of what it was like previously. Here's to hoping for open and thoughtful discussion!
gadgetguy03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:36 PM   #255
Autosaver
macrumors newbie

As other people said, what is the benefit of buying it instore? There are so many mobile carriers on these streets, yet no Apple stores.

Throw in something like free credit, cheaper costs, free extra warranty, etc and we'll talk.
Autosaver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:32 PM   #256
mrmac007
macrumors newbie

Who knows

Apple do a great job at creating ads making ppl want an iPhone, they just don't let ppl know you can actually buy one at the Apple store or get a contract there.
mrmac007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion