ambia120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2013, 03:30 PM   #77
Viber
macrumors 6502

see vendor information in user profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambia120 View Post
What of I don't have a phone number then what shall I do
There is unfortunately no way to register to Viber without a working phone number.
Viber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 05:11 AM   #78
tigermorehouse
macrumors newbie

Ipod touch help with viber

Hi - I brought my daughter an Ipod touch 4th gen as I think she is too young for a phone. she wants to use viber to send messages to her cousins.

As she doesn't have a mobile phone and therefore a sim card is it possible to configure viber to work without a mobile number being assigned?
tigermorehouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 07:34 AM   #79
luca111
macrumors newbie

Hello,
here it is a simple question I can't find anywhere.

I registered with Viber more than a year ago and I still have the original sms with the activation code.

If someone were to steal that code, could it work still and be used to log on another device unknowingly?

Thanks, this is a very important privacy concern!

Bye!
luca111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:31 AM   #80
numlock
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermorehouse View Post
Hi - I brought my daughter an Ipod touch 4th gen as I think she is too young for a phone. she wants to use viber to send messages to her cousins.

As she doesn't have a mobile phone and therefore a sim card is it possible to configure viber to work without a mobile number being assigned?
nope it needs a mobile number to work.

however there are ways to get a free number. depending on where you are located.

facetime, imessage, google hangout and more are also alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca111 View Post
Hello,
here it is a simple question I can't find anywhere.

I registered with Viber more than a year ago and I still have the original sms with the activation code.

If someone were to steal that code, could it work still and be used to log on another device unknowingly?

Thanks, this is a very important privacy concern!

Bye!
if the code is activated im pretty sure its useless and no reason for you to even keep it. if its not and you havent used it yet you can delete it and get a new one later.
numlock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:10 AM   #81
luca111
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by numlock View Post

however there are ways to get a free number. depending on where you are located.

if the code is activated im pretty sure its useless and no reason for you to even keep it. if its not and you havent used it yet you can delete it and get a new one later.

-Yeah I think you're right. In addition every time a user wish to install viber on new device, a new code is automatically sent, thus making outdated the original code
luca111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:33 AM   #82
tigermorehouse
macrumors newbie

OK so I need to get her pay as you go sim just to get her activated but if I don't use the sim card often the provider will cut it off, will viber still work after the provider has cut the service? therefore you only need it one at the start to register?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numlock View Post

tigermorehouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:26 PM   #83
numlock
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermorehouse View Post
OK so I need to get her pay as you go sim just to get her activated but if I don't use the sim card often the provider will cut it off, will viber still work after the provider has cut the service? therefore you only need it one at the start to register?
i do not know if viber only checks and verifies the number during installation or if it does that after that, after ios updates, viber updates and so on.

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/T...t/RenderForm/1

try and submit a ticket and see what they say
numlock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:12 AM   #84
Eitzik
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber View Post
Hi,
I apologize for my delayed response.

Viber is associated with the phone itself, but its identity is the phone number with which it was registered.

So, in order to solve this conflict, what you need to do is to go to the "More" tab inside Viber, then choose to Deactivate.

After that, remove Viber from both devices, reinstall it from AppStore, then you register Viber with your telephone number, and she should register with hers. Now, all should work

I have a similar problem. How can I deactivate viber if the only screen in viber is the setup screen and enter activation code screen. There is no "more" option?
Eitzik is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps