Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Hi guys,

I have iphone 5 and I'm having a problem with responsiveness. Whenever I try to turn on the alarm clock, it doesn't really turn on or off at ease. I actually have to tap couple times to make it turn on or off. My question is: is this normal?

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Sounds like another iPhone 5 that has display issues.

Take it back. Your display might be faulty.

I dont think they tested this display enough before rolling it out.

Last edited:

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
but hey, I have a question, i mean..the applecare guy told me i need SLIDE the button, but really i just need to press on it, right?

To snooze, yeah, you just tap the button. To turn off the alarm completely, you have to slide.

Oh wait, you meant the toggle in the alarm app? Yeah, you can tap it to turn it on/off. Yo don't have to slide toggle switches.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
To snooze, yeah, you just tap the button. To turn off the alarm completely, you have to slide.

Oh wait, you meant the toggle in the alarm app? Yeah, you can tap it to turn it on/off. Yo don't have to slide toggle switches.

it must be my zagg invisible shield that makes it hard to toggle it off or on.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
sometimes you need to tap it a few times, nothing wrong with it, just that it didn't pick up the movement or you didn't touch in the hit zone. But you're better off just sliding it.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
sometimes you need to tap it a few times, nothing wrong with it, just that it didn't pick up the movement or you didn't touch in the hit zone. But you're better off just sliding it.

ah ok. that's what the genius guy told me..he checked out the phone by plugging into the system or something...it must be the hit and miss thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.