Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
We already know a 5S is coming. Apple releases phones pretty much twice a year. Lol

When it does come, I hope they make a change to the Earpods, earwax gets in them too easily.

No they don't. They release iPhones once a year. They have been doing that since the beginning. I don't know where you get the "twice a year" from.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
The 5 just came out a few months ago and almost immediately after it people were talking about a 5S like it will be a huge upgrade. I'd rather 6.1 come out so we can jailbreak :cool:. The worst part is when people in school ask me if the rumors are true and claim it as fact

These rumors have substance and do make sense. I am 100% sure the S will come out earlier this year. You will get mad about it the first couple of days then forget about it (this is how I felt when the iPad 4 came out).

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I think it'll be called the iPhone 6, because the iPhone 5 already has Siri. :D

And the "i" in iMac originally stood for Internet.

The "S" model of iPhone is now a monicker, it doesn't necessarily require a feature or meaning to justify its presence now. People now accept that the second model of the same design of iPhone is the S model. Only nerds like us recognise, like the "i" in iMac that it first had a specific meaning prior to becoming a generic term.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
It's just a name. Like Xperia, Droid or Galaxy has any meaning, other than a recognizable name.

ggmissmolly

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2011
Lexington, KY
So Apple should put a hold on all new announcements because the OP has a new iPhone?

Maybe he needs a Sammy where the old one never even gets a software update.

What is wrong with the whining world? I think we need a new child rearing technique where we actually tell the little twits that the sun does not revolve around their crib.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
No, not really.

Upgrade time for our household was the first of the year, and my wife volunteered to take my iPhone 4s I bought used out of contract and let me get a iPhone 5. (Don't hate or judge, she gets to drive the new car.) We both decided that we'd keep an upgrade in our pockets just in case. Since she was already carrying around an 8gb 3gs with a broken screen for a couple of months, waiting was not an option.

Coming from a 4s, the 5 is nice. Like the extra screen space for occasionally looking at ebooks, etc. I marvel at how comparatively light and thin it is. But the only time I can really tell a noticeable difference between the two so far is using the camera to deposit checks with my mobile banking app.

If they released a new iPhone tomorrow, I'd be okay with it. We all know a new model will eventually be released anyway, and I was satisfied with my 4s. I wouldn't even contemplate a new phone out of contract unless it had an absolutely OMFG feature or upgrade. A marginally faster model with a bigger screen alone won't cut it.

Same thing goes for our 2nd and 3rd gen iPads. Call it marginal contentment or upgrade fatigue, either way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.