Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
here is what my iPad Mini 64GB LTE looked like (before i returned it)

apple store said this is normal and denied a replacement.

i said alright then, and returned it lol

for $20 more i got a refurbished iPad 3 64GB LTE with a perfect screen

Attachments

• ipad mini light bleed 1.JPG
    ipad mini light bleed 1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 224

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
The screen on the mini is just ****. I don't bother comparing how **** because there's no point, the graininess overrides any sort of unevenness in the backlight. That being said, sweet form factor though.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Just as an update, it doesn't bother me at all anymore. The "New Apple Product" phase is over and I'm just enjoying this great device without being hypersensitive to minor imperfections.

Absolutely love the mini and I use it much more than I ever used my ipad 3.

gravity010

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Just as an update, it doesn't bother me at all anymore. The "New Apple Product" phase is over and I'm just enjoying this great device without being hypersensitive to minor imperfections.

Absolutely love the mini and I use it much more than I ever used my ipad 3.

I'm glad to hear you got out of that phase. Simply loving the things you have even though there are imperfections is real happiness, IMO.

lianlua

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2008
I doubt its a backlight issue being on the bottom and not just random problems with the display. I have a darker (or more yellow) portion on the bottom (home button side)
The more yellow portion of your display is not darker. Backlight uniformity is fine.

Color uniformity is a totally different issue, which is also variable in every unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.