Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dcschwartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
So I received my new macbook air on the 15th of July and earned 1% cash back through Upromise. I received an e-mail today that the Upromise cash back promotion is increased to 5% through the end of July. I already called Upromise to see if they would bump me up to the 5% promotion since I only received the computer a week ago and they said that they wouldn't.

I'm not sure that it is worth it to have to return my computer (since it is within 14 days of receipt) and order a new one in order to get $ 40 cash back. I ordered a custom laptop, so I couldn't pick it up in-store.

My next idea is to call Apple and see if they will "return" it and then let me "repurchase" the same computer, but then I'm not sure how I will get Upromise to recognize the purchase since I have to place the order through Upromise's portal.

Has anyone had any problems like this and has anyone had any luck getting the promotion even though they bought before the promotion started?

Thanks!

Dcschwartz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
No, it isn't - that's why I was trying to get it done with nothing more than a phone call or a trip to the mall without actually having to replace the computer with a new one.

Thanks.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I do not believe Apple is going to do anything for you. If you say you have to go through upromise, that is going to be your only option. Give upromise a call again, maybe you got a rep having a bad day. It also seems the founder of upromise sure likes to have his name splashed on Google, maybe send him an email with your concerns, if you can find his email address. You might be surprised by a response from upromise then.

Otherwise I am not sure what suggestion to offer you other than to drop the issue and save yourself the stress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.