Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMike97

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
New York
What are the odds of Apple releasing new iPads just 5 months after the iPad 4th generation & iPad Mini were released?

Piccio

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
This thread again... :(

Anyway is a different situation rather than iPad 3 to iPad 4 mostly because of the Lightning connector.

IMHO, a thinner and lighter iPad 5 on March is just a "tantrum" of some customers, "spoiled" by the iPad Mini form factor (with a different tecnology, processor, display and batteries) or pissed off because of the svalutation of their iPad 3.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
IMHO, a thinner and lighter iPad 5 on March is just a "tantrum" of some customers, "spoiled" by the iPad Mini form factor (with a different tecnology, processor, display and batteries) or pissed off because of the svalutation of their iPad 3.

I doubt most people who bought an iPad 3 are complaining about their iPads being outdated. Apple sold millions...there might seem like a lot of people complaining in this forum.

Most people are still expecting Apple to release a new iPad in the spring because iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 were all released during that time with major updates. They had an event just for the iPad alone.

Apple spend 5 minutes talking about the iPad 4...

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
My crystal ball was a bit drunk today and says no way for March. Maybe I'll ask it again tomorrow! :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
With iOS moved to fall, the MAC will be back!!!

My predictions....

March will see a return to Software announcements. Something Apple has long since been accused of ignoring of late.

I think new MacBook Airs / Macbook Pros and that finally about time it was sorted "Mac Pro" refresh that pro's have been crying out for, for far too long.

New Mountain Lion updates and/or 10.9 information and of course some pro-app announcements to go along with it

Aperture 4,
Final Cut Pro XI
Logic Pro 10

iWork 13
New iLife applications.

Those happening in the end of Q1 2013 going into Q2 2014 will keep most people more than happy including the stock market / shareholders.

There was a time 'before iPads' when Apple Mac's were the focus. Apple could re-brand 2013 as year of the Mac!

Alundra

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
Iam waiting for a refresh so I can buy my first Ipad ever, and I want it to be the Ipad 5! =D

Eadfrith

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
Lindisfarena
I disagree. I don't think we will see a refresh of any iPad in March.

The UK Apple store is still quoting 2 weeks dispatch for the Mini, so they may not have caught up with demand for this model yet. I think the full size iPad is more likely to be refreshed than the Mini though.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
No promises, but it is likely. With iPads. Apple needs to keep the game fresh so they keep the stronghold on the pad market.

Don't expect anything amazing to be released during 6-month updates. Might have small spec bumps or even a slight case redesign, but they will be close to what came before. Maybe after a couple years of those minor updates you will see an iPad which is truly amazing.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
My crystal ball still says no today regardless it was drunk yesterday giving the same answer.

Henry69

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
If you keep complaining about same threads being opened again and agan why don't you organize the place better ?
After all it's a forum about Apple and having a place for everything(a forum in this case) should be something normal around here.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
If you keep complaining about same threads being opened again and agan why don't you organize the place better ?
After all it's a forum about Apple and having a place for everything(a forum in this case) should be something normal around here.

Could you imagine how many USEFUL threads would then be on the first page if the 4,893 threads about when the next release is coming were shunted to another sub forum?

It would be enough to get some people like me to come here more often.

Henry69

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Could you imagine how many USEFUL threads would then be on the first page if the 4,893 threads about when the next release is coming were shunted to another sub forum?

It would be enough to get some people like me to come here more often.

I wasn't saying to have all of the most important forums on the first page I was talking more about unifying the forums on the same topic... take the next iPad for example... you do a forum "iPad 5th generations rumors & discussions" or smth like that and you merge all of the existing forums into that.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I wasn't saying to have all of the most important forums on the first page I was talking more about unifying the forums on the same topic... take the next iPad for example... you do a forum "iPad 5th generations rumors & discussions" or smth like that and you merge all of the existing forums into that.

Sounds good to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.